Quantcast

Ryan Capes breaks world distance record at 390'4"

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got my dirt bike up to about 70 on the dirt a few times, but I can't imagine doing 100mph+ on the road with full on dirt tires.

It does look bad ass as he hits the berm.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Anyone else want to shoot themselves whenever he started talking? What an annoying, whiney sounding voice. :disgust1:

Jump was nuts. Unbelievable.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anyone else want to shoot themselves whenever he started talking? What an annoying, whiney sounding voice. :disgust1:

Jump was nuts. Unbelievable.
Actually all the MONSTER stuff made me want to shoot myself.

Do people actually drink that stuff?

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
flat brim, sideways, big shades and a tiny voice = pro that we should all look up to. he reminds me of Bender.

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
That's insane... Awesome. It's cool if you watch the On The Pipe-series you can really see how he keep going bigger and bigger with every new movie. Progressing fast.

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
Actually all the MONSTER stuff made me want to shoot myself.

Do people actually drink that stuff?
Yes... It's good people do drink stuff like monster and Red Bull, otherwise half the downhill/freeride-riders and alot of other athletes wouldn't get payed :)

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Great find. I don't respecit the guy more than the dude who did that huge stadium jump - TWICE!! That had a smaller landing and was in front of a huge crowd.

I can't badmouth monster- though i don't drink it- they dump a huge amount of cash into our sport.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
what a way with words he has. is he a member of mensa?
No kidding. At first I thought I hated listening to him speak because his voice was annoying, but I tried again and he sounds semi-illiterate. I guess it's good he can ride a dirt bike, because he dosn't appear to have any other marketable skills.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can't listen to him talk, but watching the jump was cool as hell.

Like Bender, there isn't a whole lot of "skill" to doing it other than HUGE BALLS. But it's certainly not something I would try, either.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Regardless of how he looks or talks, that was one hell of a jump and worth it (for him) to get a Guinness plaque on his wall. I'd love to be able to say that I'm a world record holder.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Regardless of how he looks or talks, that was one hell of a jump and worth it (for him) to get a Guinness plaque on his wall. I'd love to be able to say that I'm a world record holder.
Start growing your nails now.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
No kidding. At first I thought I hated listening to him speak because his voice was annoying, but I tried again and he sounds semi-illiterate. I guess it's good he can ride a dirt bike, because he dosn't appear to have any other marketable skills.
So let me get this straight...
the guy set's this up, lands it clean, set's a new world record.

and you guys are harping on how he talks and what he wears.

yeah, ok...

I've never heard anyone sound "intelligent" in a TV interview. Especially before/after doing something like this.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So let me get this straight...
the guy set's this up, lands it clean, set's a new world record.

and you guys are harping on how he talks and what he wears.

yeah, ok...

I've never heard anyone sound "intelligent" in a TV interview. Especially before/after doing something like this.
Did you miss the part you quoted about "he dosn't appear to have any other marketable skills."?

It's good that he rides, as Monster doesn't sponsor employees at McDonalds.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Did you miss the part you quoted about "he dosn't appear to have any other marketable skills."?

It's good that he rides, as Monster doesn't sponsor employees at McDonalds.
No, I didn't miss that.
I just find it funny that everyone has this guy pegged off a 5 minute video clip, that's all.

And besides...he doesn't NEED any other "marketable skills", he's probably paid more than most people...and, as we all know, you don't need a Masters to jump a motorcycle :biggrin:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Perhaps not now...
:stupid:

Most people aren't able to make a lifetime living out of stunts.

Nobody is bagging on this guy's jump, just commenting that he sounds like he's ragdolled one too many times :D

In any event... watching that jump is surreal. It looks like a cartoon.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT

Nobody is bagging on this guy's jump, just commenting that he sounds like he's ragdolled one too many times :D

Fair enough.

Yes, it is surreal. Just like that previous post with that guy Bird jumping 395 feet. Speaking of which...they are saying that this jump is the record...so does that mean the other one wasn't counted?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Fair enough.

Yes, it is surreal. Just like that previous post with that guy Bird jumping 395 feet. Speaking of which...they are saying that this jump is the record...so does that mean the other one wasn't counted?
Yeah, BV covered it. I'm in awe of his jump for sure. Very impressive. He still sounds like a neanderthal though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

I keep thinking it's something Akryne put together.