Quantcast

Ryan Leech---Manifesto

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Woah.

That's not trials riding, that's ART! :drool:

If you haven't had a chance to see it, please do yourself a favor and give it a whirl. At 21 min., it's not long by any stretch, but it drives the point home. Balance like that is usually reserved for flying squirrels, kitty-cats, and howler monkeys.....but this is beyond human. No hippity-hop-squeeky-braking boringness---just mucho flow.

Since I'm on the subject, I d'loaded it from TotalVid.com. Have any of you guys and gals tried this site out? I know I'm probably behind the times on this one, but meh, whatever. It's a good site.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
interesting, i hadn't heard of this totalvid site before. i like having the physical dvd tho...

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
yup it was good. i prefer all the vids on the net that riders are putting out for free. like toshi- i would rather have the physical dvd when it comes to a project like manifesto that ryan put so much hard work into. i guess i would rather watch comp footage and group rides than manifesto. manifesto was full of really cool creative stuff though. 17 mintues till credits though... where does the time fly. and yes i am a trials snob ;)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I haven't seen it, but watch some pro flatlanders sometime. those guys have skills......

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
What he was doing on those railroad tracks was just unbelievable. I'm really digging his style, how he's eliminated so many set-up hops and stuff. He looks like Spider-Man sticking to everything and just balancing at a standstill. I'm sure there's a lot of trials guys out there that probably don't care for what he's doing, but I like it better than all that hoppy-hoppy stuff.

I have dreams sometimes where I'm riding a skateboard or snowboard....sometimes it's one, sometimes the other. I don't know why it's never a bike, but that's just how it goes. Anyways, in those dreams, I'm just pegging everything. Tricks and moves are as natural as breathing. If I can imagine it, I can do it. Watching Ryan ride in that video, is like watching a waking version of my dream. Sounds corny, but it's true. :)