Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
B̳̩̺̹͔E͚̘H̵OL̝̻̦͞D̟ ҉͇̤̹̪͓̘̭S̗͚̻̮A̰̙̙͖T͖̩͓̹̹̮̻URD͟U̧R̵̜̖͍̭P҉͚͎,͖͔ ̘͈͖
̖̰͈̼͇̼̤I̠ ̀A̩M̸̤̫̼̗̪ ͔͖͚̬͉A̭̱͉̠͎ͅT̖͍̲̬̖͙͎ ̡̩͙W̦̟̖̥̹̲͍O͎R̶̗̗͇̦̱͔̤K

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake. Getting the new TV and chest freezer today. Small child birthday. Ah... The suburban life. Fucking kill me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney ......bought a new tv three months a go....still in box.
That would be my preference. I brought the 32" from the basement up to replace the 42", at least temporarily. Works for me and Haley; not wifey. New 60" Sony inbound later today. I only buy a TV every 10 years, so at $650 it's not too bad when you amortize it out. I would still prefer to just replace with a same size for 50% the cost, but Wifey likes her TV.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Buddy and myself went full send last night. Up until 3:30 enjoying some cold beverages.

Plan was to ride over to another buddies for moar beer and food, but I guess we never made that far. :rofl:

Man it's fuckin hot out. Afternoon group ride is going to be painful.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That would be my preference. I brought the 32" from the basement up to replace the 42", at least temporarily. Works for me and Haley; not wifey. New 60" Sony inbound later today. I only buy a TV every 10 years, so at $650 it's not too bad when you amortize it out. I would still prefer to just replace with a same size for 50% the cost, but Wifey likes her TV.
tv's are about as disposable as laptops/pc's....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yikes, is it windy. But blissfully, the wind has brought cooler temps, praise his noodliness. Probably spend the day puttering around casa de pesqueeb and running about with the women folk. Contemplating kitchen remodel, maybe spend some time figuring what kind of clusterfuck that could turn into.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You bought it, now live it to the fullest...

What size on the TV? I pretend to hate TV but I really just hate paying for them. Sam's Club is wearing me down.
60' Sony. 2 models old on semi blow out, so 25% discount. Also have 4.5% off gift cards from Cardpool and 1% cash back from Ebates, so that drags my cost down as well.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It looks like The Donald will be holding an adulation event were I live, wise choice for him as there are not likely to be any protesters. Ugh. Kill ME now.

I was supposed to ride out to a garden party one of our good friends puts on each year, it was postponed due to flooding last week. So far 5 out of 6 have bailed with lame excused. Pussies. It's only 30 miles and it's FLAT.

Someone read there was still "light debris on roadway"...:panic::panic::panic: Pussies.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Helps to read the entire thread before asking questions... we have a 42" Vizio that's pushing 10 years old with no issues so the big ass curved screen dealio has been a hard sell. I think its $2,300 but, when you figure cost per square inch it seems like a bargain. :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Usually telling a Witness I've received more blood than just that of the New Covenant is enough to get them to say "have a nice day."
I believe that bicycles will save my life; my personal brand of polytheism requires many of them. Money is cheaper than blood and easier to come by so, when it comes to value and convenience, crucifixion falls short. Bicycles always deliver. Except Cannondale, avoid that cult at all costs.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Need some talcum powder. Hope those dudes racing at camp fortune have lots of ice.

Yup. Humidex is at 100° here too. yech.
Beer and gin run done.
:stupid:

May go out an get some groceries now too. I have nothing else to do. It's too hot to ride, and my wife and I had an argument about the World Cup. Well, not so much as an argument as she totally friggin' blew up at me. I'm part French (my Mom and cousins are there) . Meaning, my kids are part French. She had them cheering for Argentina (even though she's Chilean - a country they've gone to war with ffs). I voiced my displeasure with her turning our kids against they're own heritage, and was promptly screamed at. So I went on a beer and gin run.

May as well go do groceries now. Stupid World Cup, how'd I wind up here because of a game I don't even care about. :confused:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yup. Humidex is at 100° here too. yech.

:stupid:

She had them cheering for Argentina (even though she's Chilean - a country they've gone to war with ffs). I voiced my displeasure with her turning our kids against they're own heritage, and was promptly screamed at.

. :confused:
Did she yell at you in Chilean slang? Cause that shit is brutal.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Back from UC Davis. yard work done before it gets stupid hot. Need to put the camper back on the truck and put my med gear in it for a show tomorrow. torn calf muscle is doing better. I can almost walk normally now. still can't do hills or bike ride. I can just walk on flat ground and let it heal. two weeks so far, I figure another 3 before i can start so rehab with weights and flat riding. Had to cancel a back packing trip as there is no way in hell I can do rough trails with a pack on in 3 weeks. This is one of the worst muscle tears I have done ( ok its a 4 compared to tearing my biceps tendon in half, that was a 12).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I kind of figure it would be easier and less expensive to sell and move, but the wife.......
My wife is currently painting the cupboards in our kitchen. I think we will have to replace the range as it's the only remaining appliance that hasn't failed voluntarily.

I hate replacing stuff that isn't broken...

The countertops are the wildcard, though.