Quantcast

?'s about Noble

bicycleman

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
Carlsbad, CA
I was just wondering how the whole shuttle situation works.
I'm planning on heading up ther one of these weekends, and will be going with my lazy ass Dad. The shuttle is just a truck right?
Also how often does it leave, and is there a fee for using the shuttle?
Thanks
(ya i know i have alot of questions)

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
The shuttle is not just a truck, it's your truck. On a particularly busy weekend you can catch a ride back up top with somebody else who is shuttleing, but I wouldn't count on it. As far as the trail goes, even as a shuttle it's a difficult trail, if you're dad isn't a competent rider he'll have a tough time, physical fitness can make the differance between enjoying the trail and hating it.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Be warned that the road to the top is a very narrow single lane fire access road unless you take the Sunrise Highway which is way long, shuttlers are not liked by many of the park users, there's a lot of pedaling required and the trail is rocky and certainly not for beginners.

Now tell me were you know of a shuttle service for bikes that's for free.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
The access road has been closed for the last couple of years, unless it's recently opened ,(which I doubt given the incredibly dry winter we've had) it's still closed. Sunrise highway to the upper trail head is a good 20 -30 minute drive.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Kornphlake said:
The access road has been closed for the last couple of years, unless it's recently opened ,(which I doubt given the incredibly dry winter we've had) it's still closed. Sunrise highway to the upper trail head is a good 20 -30 minute drive.
really? when we rode it in august it was open

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
lovebunny said:
really? when we rode it in august it was open
Interesting, I haven't been out that way for a while but I figured the road was still closed due to fire danger. Okay then, maybe the road is open.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
I was just out at Noble like 2 weeks ago and the road was open. But yeah, to the guy who started the thread, there isn't a shuttle service. There's a road you can use to shuttle, but you need your own vehicle (if you've got a dedicated driver) or a couple to do that always confusing vehicle switch shuttle thing.

bicycleman

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
Carlsbad, CA
but i suppose that you could just go buy a $30 car and shuttle up then send it off a cliff when you got to the top.
then run like hell so you dont get caught

glphoto

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
San Diego
Don’t forget to buy an adventure pass for that $30 car you plan to drive off a cliff, the USFS won’t mind if you drive a car off a cliff but do it without an adventure pass and they will send you to GITMO.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
bicycleman said:
ya we have a year one so were set
my dads a big tree nerd
You will also need to bring your I.D.. The rangers verify riders' age.
If you're under 18 yrs of age, you cannot lead the ride on Noble.

where's the starbucks in Pine Valley?

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
jajajajaja.....

YES "YOU CAN" park your car at the top... just attach the season pass to the rear view mirror...

ill be there sunday arround 8:00 am, if you meet us there ill take one of you to go get your car at the to.. look for a black cherokee or black jeep wrangler..... my name is Dan By the way...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
schweino1 said:
jajajajaja.....

YES "YOU CAN" park your car at the top... just attach the season pass to the rear view mirror...

ill be there sunday arround 8:00 am, if you meet us there ill take one of you to go get your car at the to.. look for a black cherokee or black jeep wrangler..... my name is Dan By the way...
me and orven and heather are gonna be there at 8 aswell

bicycleman

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
Carlsbad, CA
ok so the trail starts at the top and ends at the bottom so then i would have to get a ride up or ride up back to my car right?
Thanks
btw i wont be able to make it this weekend but we should be able to get up there in the next few weeks

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
burrrrr, looks cold. Did you see Anthony up there? I hope he was ok in the astro van. Oh wait, I keep forgetting he's from the frozen east.