For the first time in San Diego history, the County now has a
coherent
framework that can help facilitate the development, maintenance and
management of a County-wide system of multi-use, recreational trails
for all to enjoy.

Nearly 100 members of the community showed up to express their
support
for the plan while only two people spoke in opposition. The matter
passed unanimously with the votes of all Supervisors present.

It has been a difficult and time-consuming task for all involved and
the community can now breath a sigh of relief that San Diego County
finally has a document that can help guide trails planning for years
to come. It's good news for trails, good news for trail users, and
good news for future community awareness, support and preservation of
the beautiful lands where many of the current or potential trails are
located.

Details of the Plan can be seen at:

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/parks/newstrailstest.html

The Section on Alpine is Promising! Map:http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/parks/docs/CTMP Sections 1-12/12-Community Plans/Alpine/AL-Map.pdf

mark@sdmba.com

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Holy crap! Thanks to all the SDMBA members and others who contributed to the process. I wish I'd been able to make it to the meetings, but the Marines usually made it not so. Let me know how I can help in my new time of, um, 'light' employment, before the federal gov't snatches me up again.

MD

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Yo MikeD,

Don't get yer hopes up just yet! Nothing is for sure as far as I'm concerned. But this may explain the surveyor sticks I saw out there a few weeks back.

And this has NOTHING to do with singletrack. It does look like the Anderson Truck Trail will be recognized by the County, it also looks like there will no longer be access from the bottom at Puetz Valley Road, only from the resevoir where you have to pay for entering, I believe. Don't know about parking or vehicle access up top either.

Now maybe we can go out there and do some WORK! :thumb:

mark@sdmba.com

MTDBIKE

Chimp
Jan 7, 2004
1/2 FLIGHTLINE
Now all we need is a long epic multi-use single tract from the top of Palomar to to Pauma Valley near Harrison Grade truck trail. But that is U.S. Forest Land and just dream on. Dripping Springs and Wild Horse trails are 16 miles long that are on the backside of Palomar but only open to hikers and equestrian use. :mad:

Attachments

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Wahoo, my house sits less than a quarter mile from the trail head of 4b, whatever trail that may be.

Mark, where do you get the idea that you'll no longer be able to park under the bridge on peutz valley road and you'll be charged to enter by the reservoir? I didn't notice anything on the map that was marked as a toll booth, or even permit parking. I guess a forrest adventure pass won't be of any use because these will be county trails right?

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Dan,

It's $5 just to enter at the reservoir. It will still be legal to park on Peutz, but I think they want to discourage it, maybe they'll fence it off ala Bofus!

I'm not sure if the upper parking area is on Cleveland NF or Viejas, it may not matter as I think the CNF has an easment on the dirt road.

mark@sdmba.com