Quantcast

?'s for Evil riders - esp D.O.C.

auntie bob

Chimp
Jan 28, 2006
What tubing is the DOC made of? It oughtta say on the seat tube...

Does anyone know which taiwanese framebuilder makes evil's bikes?

How do people feel about the dropouts? They look like a very good idea but I wonder how people are getting on with them. Oh, and am I right in thinking that the movable part of the dropouts are aluminum? (use a magnet if you got a doc in front of yer)

spanks!

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
DOC's do not have a sticker saying what tubing is used but i'm pretty sure that they use "653" front triangle and 4130 rear. I had a DOC and now have a Sovereign and i've never had a problem with the drops. I used my Sovereign without the adjustment screws for about 6 months and the drops never moved. And I beleive the drops are aluminum.

**edit- this is from evils site
" - Custom Triple Butted Reynolds 631 front triangle
- Evil proprietary superalloy head tube, dropouts, and chainstay yoke"

auntie bob

Chimp
Jan 28, 2006
a million thanks.

in case you're wondering - I'm investigating having a novel chromoly frame manufactured in taiwan. I'm enamored with the new D.O.C. and thats why I wondered who made em...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The dropouts are kind of a pain to set up but once they're right they don't move and the initial pain is worth it.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Bicyclist said:
The dropouts are kind of a pain to set up but once they're right they don't move and the initial pain is worth it.

ummmm :teacher: if you know how to turn a wrench then you can set up the dropouts in about 4.67 minutes...