Quantcast

S L E D D I N G . . . .

splat

Nam I am
After riding down on the cape this morning it was time for some old fasion New Englad sledding . this is the back side of an Earthen dam.

and they were getting some serious Distance!!!

the Lump on the very right side of the photo is what launched them

Caught My Son just as he was being launced

Ilike htis , because thats His Dad Up top behind him

Now this was some fun stuff.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Nice. I really miss the snow sometimes.

When I was a teenager we used to run toboggan sleds down these towers...

You would set your toboggan down on rollers at the start gate and pile on locking legs and arms together. I like to get the back seat so I could grab an extra "kick" out the door. When the track was clear the operator hit a foot switch releasing the sled. Sometimes the sled would catch air at the bottom of the hill and leave out from under us. It was a hell of a wreck when we touched down again. Good times!!!

Chestnut Ridge Park, Erie County New York.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
When I was a kid, my parents back yard had a slope that seemed like Mt Everest in the winter. We used to build launch ramps and berms to sled through. Good times. Now, not so much. Stuck in the Cali desert...my littlest wants to move (back, for me) to Alaska. Best idea I have heard in a long time...

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
it was in the 70's today, but tonight it's supposed to start raining then eventually turn into snow by tomorrow and we're supposed to get around 4 inches....the weather here is so confusing

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i remember when i was young(er) and would bounce. years ago we tied two sleds together and i was in the first one with 2 friends behind me. they ended up getting launched once they hit the jump and basically landed right on top of me. it was quite the wreck.

splat

Nam I am
What is the real purpose of those towers ???

You would set your toboggan down on rollers at the start gate and pile on locking legs and arms together. I like to get the back seat so I could grab an extra "kick" out the door. When the track was clear the operator hit a foot switch releasing the sled. Sometimes the sled would catch air at the bottom of the hill and leave out from under us. It was a hell of a wreck when we touched down again. Good times!!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

awesome...i remember seeing those towers, but we never actually went down them. my father grew up in the area.