Quantcast

S&M no longer doing Blk Mrkt?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Too bad. Wondered about those blkmrkt forks too.

Guess that was just a limited time side-project for S&M until something else came along.
Either that, or BlkMrkt got greedy, seeking out cheaper production for increased profits and larger production runs to fit the hype demand... Joining all products alongside the Riot and components...
If this is true, I can see BlkMrkt losing sales in the future due to this, it was one main factor that gained them heavy respect.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Read the quote again.

Chris is saying S&M might be doing 26"s.

Maybe S&M wants to do their own dirt jumper with their name on it instead of Blackmarket's.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Guess that was just a limited time side-project for S&M until something else came along.
Either that, or BlkMrkt got greedy, seeking out cheaper production for increased profits and larger production runs to fit the hype demand... Joining all products alongside the Riot and components...
If this is true, I can see BlkMrkt losing sales in the future due to this, it was one main factor that gained them heavy respect.
Agreed. I would like to know the info on this. Really the fact that S&M made the Mob was the only thing that seperated it from the Riot and the .357 (besides the tubing difference. Talking quality here). Now will the new Mobs go the way of overseas as well? I too think the sales will go down a lot.

Now if S&M is going to still make the "Mob frame" and call it something else then that is very cool. Maybe BlkMrkt wants a better profit margin by switching out manufacturers - who knows.

I may just have to purchase an 09' S&M produced frame and store it somewhere.

Last edited:

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Read the quote again.

Chris is saying S&M might be doing 26"s.

Maybe S&M wants to do their own dirt jumper with their name on it instead of Blackmarket's.
Yeah, I caught that.
Wonder if they want to finally pull their face from behind the sheets and put that name right in front of the 26" crowd and out in the open of everyone else too (risking hellfire hatred from some of the purebred narrowminded 20" SandMan hardcores), instead of simply playing the game behind the scenes of the mask, covered by another name brand.

Or by, "some", it might just be some limited run custom big-wheelers... who knows, maybe just a typo getting outta hand, haha.

Probably all comes down to bank and clock, as it always does...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Yeah, I caught that.
Wonder if they want to finally pull their face from behind the sheets and put that name right in front of the 26" crowd and out in the open of everyone else too (risking hellfire hatred from some of the purebred narrowminded 20" SandMan hardcores) .....
i know what you mean.... but i think you're underestimating the value of the BMX-company stamp of approval. FBM and Volume make fixies....

Last edited:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
from Carter

but as far as I know S&M will still be actually making our frames just not supporting the brand financially any longer. I'm working on pricing with him now.
i guess /thread

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i just read the sean burns interview on thecomeup. he explained the s&m situation better. Metal will no longer be manufactured by s&m due to fit's huge business. too much time,energy,money to keep s&m and fit operating.