Quantcast

S&M Picthfork: really all that

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Ive got to order up a new fork for my free bird and was thinkin S&M pitchfork. Who's ridden em? Worth it? Opinions / other options?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
They're heavy, at least get the XLT. Why not just get an Odyssey Classic Race though? Even lighter and it has a lifetime warranty.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've got a brown one from when I took apart my bmx bike I'd sell for 35 bucks. its a couple years old, none of the new graphics, but still a strong fork.

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
I should mention I bent my last one(just a leftover haro) casing a rather large DJ. Will the lighter one stand up to a good beating

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I've heard good things about the pitchfork xlts. that's what I was going to get when I was building my 20. I got a fit blade lite instead b/c the pf's were a couples weeks delayed. I'm REALLY diggin' the blade.

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Went w/ the odessey dirt fork. $100 w/ a lifetime warranty. why not? Hit the trails today and couldn't be happier w/ it

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
wow...when I was riding full time no one cared about weight...now it seems BMX'ers have turned into MTB weigh weenies:D

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
wow...when I was riding full time no one cared about weight...now it seems BMX'ers have turned into MTB weigh weenies:D
In my 'hay-day' of bmxing, my bike weight was 41 pounds. At the time, I weight 135 pounds. I more then welcome light weight parts. I run a full set up, with four pegs and front brakes. I don't know what my bike weighs but it's a lot nicer to ride then that 40 plus tank I use to ride.

Todays bikes are SO much better then they were back then.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
^^^I have to agree with pnj. another thing is there is a LOT of stuff to chose from out there. almost seems more than mtb. of course there's not hurdles like linkage and suspension designs to deal with either. bmx bikes seem like they are near the end of their evolution...