Quantcast

S.S., Crashby, others....

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I have a question about some trails in the area. I know S.S. has ridden both in Fruita and Moab. Last spring we rode in Fruita and did a few of the loop's in the area including Moore Fun. I thought that trail was great. There were a few spots that I had to walk but for the most part it was just right for me. We are going to Moab to bike this March and I was wondering how similar Porcupine Rim is to it. A lot harder, little, just about the same. I am not the best rider out there but I have ridden a few rough trails and have handled most of them.

Main Point: Am I (and the others, not as fluid on a bike(he did ride Moore Fun with me though)) going to have fun on Porcupine Rim or should I choose something less technical?

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Awesome... we are only gonna do one day of riding and probably just pick one trail. I think we have a winner. Thanks S.S.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
RideND said:
Awesome... we are only gonna do one day of riding and probably just pick one trail. I think we have a winner. Thanks S.S.
No problem. But if you're riding a whole day, you should do Porc Rim *and* Slickrock.

Slickrock is a classic, no matter what the naysayers might claim. It's a blast.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Definitely do Porc. If you do both slickrock and porc in one day I would recommend getting a shuttle to the Porc trailhead. I rode slickrock and porc in one day starting in town and riding the whole way. It was a 40+ mile day. :dead: 40+ isn't all that bad if you are prepared but it was early in the season and we were not ready for that long of a day. Look up Sovereign while you are there. I've heard really good things about that trail. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Soverign kicks a$$! Porc is really run too, but like beast said, bring spare parts. Doesn't matter how you ride, I've seen every kinda mechanical possible on that trail. 14 miles of abuse for any bike. Some no brainers I recommend are der hangers, tubes, tire boots. And a definate is a chain tool. IF IT'S GOING TO BE WET, BRING EXTRA BRAKE PADS WITH YOU!!! Enjoy, you're in for a treat!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morryjg said:
Definitely do Porc. If you do both slickrock and porc in one day I would recommend getting a shuttle to the Porc trailhead. I rode slickrock and porc in one day starting in town and riding the whole way. It was a 40+ mile day. :dead:
This man speaketh the truth. :thumb: Sandflats Road sucks A$$ to ride on.