Quantcast

S-Style Pocket Mods

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Am looking for some durability report on the Nuno Betancourt N4 - if it suits the forum. The Stephens Extended Cutaway

is unique to this Guitar - in fact Nuno had autographed a players 4N in the early 90's and was kinda/sorta surprised to see a one-piece body still in circulation. Nuno was able to soon purchase that one guitar, and have Washburn do a 'Vintage' spec re-issue as recently as 2018 just from that one Ash Body S-Style guitar.

I'd had a local builder insist he could mod my Telecaster only to have it be butchered - I hated it so bad I gave it away. The neck-plate is unmatched to this guitar and even the Kahler Bridge/Nut is unique; Kerry King from Slayer had been the only player of note w/ a Kahler Bridge. The Nut is Bolt-on nut though - kick ass.

So - anyone other than jonkranked??

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I do own an early Nuno guitar, I think it’s an N4 but it could be an N2. I haven’t had it out of the case in a while. Easy enough to dig out though... what are you wanting to know? I’m not sure I can help, but I will if I can.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Am looking for some durability report on the Nuno Betancourt N4 - if it suits the forum. The Stephens Extended Cutaway

is unique to this Guitar - in fact Nuno had autographed a players 4N in the early 90's and was kinda/sorta surprised to see a one-piece body still in circulation. Nuno was able to soon purchase that one guitar, and have Washburn do a 'Vintage' spec re-issue as recently as 2018 just from that one Ash Body S-Style guitar.

I'd had a local builder insist he could mod my Telecaster only to have it be butchered - I hated it so bad I gave it away. The neck-plate is unmatched to this guitar and even the Kahler Bridge/Nut is unique; Kerry King from Slayer had been the only player of note w/ a Kahler Bridge. The Nut is Bolt-on nut though - kick ass.

So - anyone other than jonkranked??
Guitars are cool but out of my wheelhouse. I do like when they are played as fast as possible at maximum volume.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My $.02
that cutaway and joint was a solution looking for a problem. A traditional bolt on neck, well built, is both durable and adjustable, just look at some Strats that are still kicking around for 50-60 odd years