Quantcast

.S.u.n.d.a.y.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hit the trails before the rain. It was hot and muggy and I felt like my head was boiling at one point so we focused on going fast on the fun sections and cooling down on the borrowing stuff. First time riding with knee guards for trail riding and it gave me the extra confidence to focus on my riding instead of falling off the bike knowing I was not returning with knees looking like ground beef this time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. More construction. Holy shit I'm sorry today.

Edit: sore. I'm leaving that though. :rofl:

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Good ride this morning, nice reminder how slippery these northeast roots get after a little rain.

Not saying road bikers deserve to get hit, but the way some of them ride you can certainly understand how it happens.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey-oh!!! I ran 17 miles this morning in some warm humidity. 7:08 pace. I was completely soaked at the end of the run. I am glad I got that done. I'm fixing to ride a bike this afternoon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20200628_085416.jpg

good morning....

yellowstone....shit show...

glacier....shit show.....gttsr closed ar avalanche....that lot was a clusterfuck at 6:30 in the morning....everything on the eastside is closed...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and missed opportunity...crossing bridge into glacier....what i thought was debris in the river while crossing the bridge in pouring rain were more than likely two moose crossing....

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went to bed at 2AM last night after a couple of beers. Rode at 8:30AM, the first half hour was about suffering in multiple ways. 80% humidity did not help either. I may need nap time soon.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Waiting on the trail for my buddy to fix a flat up the trail. Hot and muggy, but I managed to find a spot in the shade and with a breeze. All's I need is a beer

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No. Was kind of waiting until intial contact from state farm to see how they were going to act, but if I have to reach out to them it will be through a lawyer. The fact that it's now been 60+ hours isn't a good sign.
The Insurance companies have 30 days in Colorado to respond to your claim. Colorado is not a no fault state. They are a Tort system or at fault state. If an investigator has determined fault or the driver has been cited. The ball is in your insurance companies court. The one thing you need to worry about if your injured is the other drivers standing with their insurance company. I found it difficult to navigate how Colorado applies Tort Law in regards to motor vehicle accidents. The Formulas that apply all seem arbitrary and based on Precedent and only a Judge or Arbitrator has access to them. I am not a Lawyer to qualify. Seek experienced counsel is my advice.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
On a related note; Little old lady who hit me just called. When she told me in the street she couldn't see out of one eye, I thought it was a permanent thing. What she said on the phone was that it had just started that morning. She was on her way to the doctor when she hit me. Claims she spent the last two days in the hospital after the doc diagnosed her as having a fucking stroke. She has not yet contacted State Farm. For what it's worth, I believe her. We had a probably 15 minute conversation and she cried at least twice. I am however, definitely going to go see State Farm bright and early tomorrow morning. Assuming she is telling the truth, I'm not interested in suing her, ruining her life or otherwise making anything more difficult for her than they already are. I just want my shit replaced.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On a related note; Little old lady who hit me just called. When she told me in the street she couldn't see out of one eye, I thought it was a permanent thing. What she said on the phone was that it had just started that morning. She was on her way to the doctor when she hit me. Claims she spent the last two days in the hospital after the doc diagnosed her as having a fucking stroke. She has not yet contacted State Farm. For what it's worth, I believe her. We had a probably 15 minute conversation and she cried at least twice. I am however, definitely going to go see State Farm bright and early tomorrow morning. Assuming she is telling the truth, I'm not interested in suing her, ruining her life or otherwise making anything more difficult for her than they already are. I just want my shit replaced.
Make sure you get enough to cover your bike / medical / a nice case of beer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I “rode” Mountain Lion this morning because that’s what I do. It was pleasant even with usual hiker traffic.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's 2020 and I had honestly forgotten jean shorts are a thing that people buy.
Is there a negative connotation to jean shorts? I don't have any, but I've cut the legs off some of the jeans my kids wore holes in. I don't care either way, but I guess I just would rather not be ignorant...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No. Was kind of waiting until intial contact from state farm to see how they were going to act, but if I have to reach out to them it will be through a lawyer. The fact that it's now been 60+ hours isn't a good sign.
Don't even fuck around. If anything, that will hopefully push State Farm to not insure her and get her off the street. And $$.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Little Bellas had to cancel their summer events, but had their mentors write note on the back of the plates and sign them. Haley's is already on, so I can't take a picture of the note, but here's the plate
15933816224872491310694390903933.jpg

@6thElement think wife would be willing to take Haley out for a ride sometime this summer? Bear Creek Park, flat part of Green Mtn, Table Mtn (north side). Wifey can't ride well enough and it's different having someone as a female "mentor" she can look up to, to ride with.

Just heard back from contractor #2. Apparently he got into an accident on the way over yesterday :think:. He is supposedly coming by with my shelves and doors in the am.

And for @stevew @dan-o current fireplace status. I'm about to mix the mortar to put stone up to the top of the fireplace.
15933818416723521271388976862240.jpg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yesterday was a 22mile 5000ft of vert going just over 13000ft kind of ride with a ridemonkey crew.

Today was Segment 13 of the Colorado Trail from Cottonwood Pass Rd

All in all an awesome weekend of bicycles.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
After my stroke I called an ambulance. Lots of stuff didn't just happen to me. It built up to the point were I realized something was wrong. It is unlikely you will ruin her life. That is what we have insurance for. Let the Insurance companies sort it out. Do not accept any offers until you speak to counsel. If you have any sort of injury. Let the Process run its course.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Drove past a trailhead to get to a different one, with harder trails.

Holy shit, the first place had I'm guessing 150 cars parked at the trailhead. Fuck that shit. Never have seen that place so busy. The parking area was full and then people were parked for almost a kilometer up and down one side of the road.

Trails we rode weren't busy, only bumped into a few people. Trails have all been signed to be one direction, including the entrance and exit to the forest. Still dudes were coming in the out trail, despite bigass "no entry" signs at the start.

Oh well. Good ride. Lady friend did 3 skinnies, which was a first for her.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
After my stroke I called an ambulance. Lots of stuff didn't just happen to me. It built up to the point were I realized something was wrong. It is unlikely you will ruin her life. That is what we have insurance for. Let the Insurance companies sort it out. Do not accept any offers until you speak to counsel. If you have any sort of injury. Let the Process run its course.
Yep, you provide this information to your insurance in a signed statement. Your insurance makes their insurance pay out. If their insurance doesn't pay out, your insurance sues em.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement think wife would be willing to take Haley out for a ride sometime this summer? Bear Creek Park, flat part of Green Mtn, Table Mtn (north side). Wifey can't ride well enough and it's different having someone as a female "mentor" she can look up to, to ride with.
She said yes, just need to work out logistics. Mt Carbon Loop in Bear Creek might be the best spot, no huge climbs or tough terrain.