Quantcast

S-Works Carbon Demo project

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Time for a new big project after riding 7 years on a Trek Session 10 it's time to go for something much lighter & more DH race worthy,i have all the time in the world since next season im going to ride enduro with my trail bike while in the mean time i work on my project.Im taking my time on this project since i want to get it done perfect to avoid uprading each time if something i don't like on the bike.

This is the plan:
Step 1: Gettting all the parts
Step 2: Getting the frame
Step 3: Building her up so it's ready for it's first ride.

So let's begin this project

E-Thirteen LG1+ Black

Formula The One Limeted Edition Green

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I think some lock on grips would be nice. Maybe some tires too.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Raceface SixC

FTFY

with a name like trekrules why the demo and not a session carbon?
I picked the demo because it has a stealth black frame which i preffer the most and the frame is allot cheaper than a Session 9.9 frame,im not such a fan of the paint scheme on the 9.9 frame.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Time for a new big project after riding 7 years on a Trek Session 10 it's time to go for something much lighter & more DH race worthy,i have all the time in the world since next season im going to ride enduro with my trail bike while in the mean time i work on my project.Im taking my time on this project since i want to get it done perfect to avoid uprading each time if something i don't like on the bike.

This is the plan:

E-Thirteen LG1+ Black

Same project over here in Austria, but most of the parts will be carried over from my alu demo.
Due to the low bb I would suggest to go for a full bash chain device; I have purchased the 32 teeth SRS+ to take advantage of the lowlow postion of the frame.

Have fun!

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
So the question really is - does Trek then still rule, or will you need to change your username?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
This thread does not deliver....
But check out my new bike project for 2015, the Evil Dead Alive hypertanium.

It's gonna be sick.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I picked the demo because it has a stealth black frame which i preffer the most and the frame is allot cheaper than a Session 9.9 frame,im not such a fan of the paint scheme on the 9.9 frame.
And now we know what type of rider the $10k limited-run DH rigs go to.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008

This is the plan:

E-Thirteen LG1+ Black

This ain't Pinkbike, or your blog.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Ti CHain
Durac ACe Ti Rear Casette
Dura Ace Rear Der.
XTR Cranks
Sram road gears are lighter. Not sure about the others but Rival (the cheapest and only 20g over dura ace) does.

Too narrow. I'm convinced wider carbon DH rims are on the horizon. Hopefully sub $200 Asian ones like in the XC and AM worlds
You are concerned with width but not durability? The Am current ones are garbage. Easton Havoc Carbon when they finally nail it.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Sram road gears are lighter. Not sure about the others but Rival (the cheapest and only 20g over dura ace) does.

You are concerned with width but not durability? The Am current ones are garbage. Easton Havoc Carbon when they finally nail it.
That's the first negative review I've heard of the new generic carbon rims.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
That's the first negative review I've heard of the new generic carbon rims.
saw a broken one and people having trouble seating tires per the mtbr link. Looks like the first batch was good, then they had troubles. Havent checked back in awhile.

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
Seeing a broken one doesn't mean it's a bad rim. Folks in the 29er forum are still buying and using these, and the feedback is generally quite positive.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Well my thread get's pretty much a bad start from the members here or they don't take this thread serious,pitty because i take a other approche on the project with starting with the parts first rather than buying a frame,oh well soon i will order some new parts.

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
in all honesty, downhill bike prices have gone full retard over the last 3 years.
plus, my downhill rides (which used to last 3-4 hours or actual riding time when i started biking) are now 40 minute rides, or ten 2-min dashes....

with prices like that, and the constant need for maintenance/replacement (like every 2 hours of use, something breaks)... my next 2 wheel toy, will probably be a dirtbike or a dual sport/touring bike.