Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I really don't think the triple stays give any advantages that can't be achieved in other designs given similar levels of refinement, especially given 8 years to do it...
Well you know......that doesn't mean that it doesn't. ;)

Have you ever ridden another horst link bike that rides as stiffly as a recent demo (as in the last two or three versions)?

I haven't. And I've ridden a few that were definitely more noodly.

You get increased resistence to twisting by spreading that chainstay out. Think about it. I mean do you really think it's a poor design or do you just want to see something 'new'?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
How much rep do I get for having ridden up the lift with a guy on a carbon Demo 8 today at Nationals? 1, 2, 20?

If you don't know where to look, you'll never even spot it either. It's actually pretty cool in person.

Oh, and Ropelato (sp?) is a fast mofo today!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Pic's or it didn't happen.
I don't carry a camera on the lift. I'ts here and I'm sure it won't be long before the pics pop up. People who know the guy will spot it and the media dudes won't miss it.

Neat thing I learned (and I have no idea if this is already well known) was that the most recent aluminum version was built the way it is with the carbon version in mind.

designer485

Chimp
Jun 1, 2009
The frame being smooth doesn't mean it's definitely carbon. Cannondale had "smooth" frames in the 90s.
True and so did klien, however with that being said, don't riders these days like to show off their fancy welds if their frame has them? EX: Nicolai.

Not arguing, just thinking that with that last image posted, and with all the hush hush from specialized, it would only make sense.

On the flip side, I would not put it past a company like specialized to smooth the welds on the frame to make all the e-speculators drool over something non-existent. I do still believe that frame is carbon though. Compare the BB area on that frame to the V10 carbon and they look very similar.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Now you can play
Whats up with the ISCG tabs, they look like they arent a part of the main frame. Would make sense if the main part is carbon since then you could replace damaged tabs, kind of like the wilsons splined system.

Time will tell if the big S is going to jump on the carbon bandwagon, personally i think they will.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
It was Brandon Sloan and he's here hanging out with friends for the week. The neat thing was he said the most recent aluminum version was made with the conversion to a similar carbon rendition in mind.

Forethought.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Don't doubt yourself BW, sometimes fond memories are all we have! :D
Haha, fond memories! Speaking of those, I need to get your knee pads done.

I stopped doubting myself and I am going to stick with my first impression that those bikes were alu. BOOMSLANG to confirm? Gemeni2K? Bizutch?

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Just a random thought, but isn't troy on a small sized Demo where Sam And Brendon are both on the same size?? (medium? i think i remember reading this somewhere). So maybe Troys was an alloy frame with a flash paint job to look like Sam n Brendogs larger carbon frames? Maybe at the moment Spesh only have one mold for testing purposes?
Just an idea how EVERYONE could in fact be correct:thumb::D

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Just a random thought, but isn't troy on a small sized Demo where Sam And Brendon are both on the same size?? (medium? i think i remember reading this somewhere). So maybe Troys was an alloy frame with a flash paint job to look like Sam n Brendogs larger carbon frames? Maybe at the moment Spesh only have one mold for testing purposes?
Seems logical...:think:

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
To my knowledge brendan went to a L for windham last year and has ridden a L since and sam has ridden a S frame most of the time. Sam probably could have done the same as brendan and gone up a size but i dont think he has. Should be easy to decide, unless specialized has revisied the seattube brace.

Considering brosnan didnt get the current version as a proto back in the start of 2010 they could have done the same thing this time. Though unlikely considering brosnans results this year.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
This thread gets more entertaining with every post. Give a group of people something obvious to wrestle with and they will somehow come up with elaborate explanations and pretzel-logic about how it might be something else.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Well what would the world be without gossip and speculation. Besides we need something to talk about now that there is no more Gwining or riding (for some) for a while :mad:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sam and Troy are on smalls. Brendan is on a large as of MSA/Windham last year. Troy used to ride an XS and went up to a S this season.