Quantcast

s-works enduro tires

ojaiDH

Chimp
Jun 20, 2009
dream land
I have a 07 enduro that is new to me, it has a WTB DNA front tire and a Kenda small block eight rear tire. I'm not too happy with either of them, they are OK on hard packed flat single track but when the trail gets steep/loose they become unpredictable. I am thinking of going tubeless, most of what I ride is steep, loose, and rocky. I'd like to keep the tires in the 2.3-2.4 range, they don't have to be tubeless. Consistent cornering is important to me as I love to slide around corners (note: NOT skid around!) any sugestions? Thanks.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Curt, you should check out the Specialized Chunders. I rock them on the DH bike - you can get them in the SX casing (1.5 ply) so they're under 1000g, but they won't flat like single-plys will.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Whassup Curt!

I'd look at a couple options
Maxxis Ardents, sweet tires. They roll good and hook up on the loose.
My buddy has a 2.4" front and 2.25" rear. So far so good.
I'm rocking Hutchinson Barracudas 2.3 in tubeless casing front and rear. They are heavy 950g bastards.... But they don't flat and ride really predictably.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Go rock Ortega hill. Just showed it who's boss on the KTM this afternoon.

HighRollers have a predictable drift and a catch at the end. WeirWolves, Michelin Comp 32's, and Intense 909's have a slow supported drift in loose stuff that starts early and spans to the end.