Quantcast

:) (: Sa-turd-ay :) (:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Up early, so I'm going to go stroll through the woods for an hour or two and have some alone time to think.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Ran dogs, pretty nice out so I'm gonna go ride before the heat descends.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi i'm here. had a wonderful bike ride yesterday afternoon and down about 6lb since restarting my weird diet. up early for reasons unknown.

been having a bit of a crisis of faith at work, but had a conversation with my boss where she told me i'd likely be promoted in the next cycle (whenever that is) and my new direct report is really smart and on it, so I think I need to just put up with the micromanagement and awkwardness and put some effort into her becoming a better manager while I do the same.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woke up at 3am with a kick to the head from Hannah. She's been having nightmares and crawling into bed with us a lot lately. Decided to finish the night off on the couch. Have a ton of work-work that didn't get done yesterday that I have to work on today, then it's back to the workbench.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wind kicked up yesterday afternoon and blew a lot of pollen into the camper. Allergy hell last night. Sipping espresso then I will rustle up some grub. I have an hour until I need to check in with the show office on radio. Today's commute 100 steps from camper to med station.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
pets caused shitty sleep here. FU pets! slept in a bit to compensate. coffee, mowing lawn, reinstalling repainted front storm door, sanding front door for repainting, cut some wood for various projects...maybe ride later? sounds like a plan.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
13.1 mile run done. It was supposed to be 18 miles but I had enough. I'll do a few more later. I pushed this up a day so I'd be free to MTB with splat tomorrow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Deer crik had a million hikers. But it was still fun.

:derp:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still doing/catching up will bills/balancing finances. I started at ~8am and don't look to be anywhere near done. I've spent so much time over the last 3 months working on the house that this stuff all got left behind and just filed away until now. Hoping I get this done early enough to get more cutting done today, but I'm not going to hold my breath; I'm way behind. At least the trash/shred piles are now larger than the to-do pile.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike advice needed.... put new chain and chain ring on the bike last night. Cassette didnt look worn, so didnt bother with that

Chain is now skipping in the middle of the cassette. Not going into higher/lower gear, just skipping/hopping under load.

Does this point to a worn cassette?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bike advice needed.... put new chain and chain ring on the bike last night. Cassette didnt look worn, so didnt bother with that

Chain is now skipping in the middle of the cassette. Not going into higher/lower gear, just skipping/hopping under load.

Does this point to a worn cassette?

Turn the crank real slow and see how the chain is engaging with the cassette. I'd the chain barrel lands on top of a tooth, you probably have a worn cassette.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Turn the crank real slow and see how the chain is engaging with the cassette. I'd the chain barrel lands on top of a tooth, you probably have a worn cassette.
Seems fine when I do that and shifts/spins fine with the bike upside down.

The chain was significantly worn out, my park tool chain thing just drops right in.

Guessing the cassette...