Quantcast

saba took the money and ran

druid

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
i bought a yeti 575 frame from saba, who does a lot of advertising on ridemonkey. after sending him the money via paypal, he came up with a variety of excuses as to why he couldnt send the frame. after two months, he just broke off all contact leaving me to have to pursue legal charges to get my money back - he never sent the frame nor anything.
buyer beware, he still has stuff advertised here and the ridemonkey staff could care less.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
i bought a yeti 575 frame from saba, who does a lot of advertising on ridemonkey. after sending him the money via paypal, he came up with a variety of excuses as to why he couldnt send the frame. after two months, he just broke off all contact leaving me to have to pursue legal charges to get my money back - he never sent the frame nor anything.
buyer beware, he still has stuff advertised here and the ridemonkey staff could care less.
It looks like I am going to have to add a disclaimer to the classifieds for those that can't handle their business. You think we can offer classifieds free of charge, and then take the time to "investigate" every deal that goes bad?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
What about some sort of requirement to be a member of the forum for a certain 'probationary period' before they are able to post a 'for sale'????

Personally, I would check member status, durration and postings before I would buy from anyone. Anyone who is here ONLY to sell stuff is a good tip off that something might be fishy....

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
This Saba guy sounds a whole lot like the Romain guy that scammed me same operation and everything.Send me a message we should talk about this guy,I have been after paypal about this already.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
It looks like I am going to have to add a disclaimer to the classifieds for those that can't handle their business. You think we can offer classifieds free of charge, and then take the time to "investigate" every deal that goes bad?
Gawd. What are you guys good for??? You get all this money for us to hang out, yet you act like you are busy with real jobs and what not. :biggrin:

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Saba won't be with us anymore. This is a perfect example of why we should limit the ability to use the classifieds to established members - both buying and selling. Not sure how to do that though.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Personally, I would check member status, durration and postings before I would buy from anyone. Anyone who is here ONLY to sell stuff is a good tip off that something might be fishy....
That's what I do. If I don't know them from the forums, I ain't buyin'.

druid

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
saba's female acquaintance, to whom i sent the paypal money, is willing to help and said she sent a $150 payment towards refunding the $650 for the never sent yeti 575 frame, which is nice. paypal wont lift a finger to help you after 45 days, which i didnt know, and your bank wont help you after 60 days. sorry about the ridemonkey comment, evidently you do care and could care less, so my incorrect grammar was right to begin with(vs couldn't care less).

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If you write to Paypal about something beyond 45 days, if they find issue or merit, they will open an investigation and will freeze the other user's account.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
This is a perfect example of why we should limit the ability to use the classifieds to established members - both buying and selling. Not sure how to do that though.
Perhaps a post count? I know that on So. Cal. Trailriders you need to have a minimum post count (25) before you can post to the classifieds. The downside that I can see with this is that you just end up with 25 worthless, garbage posts.

FWIW

Apr 28, 2008
There is an law about such a thing, right? But aside from that, how about just letting it go? I know it's hard but just do it somehow. You've been had. I'm sorry.

druid

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
got the $150 from the female acquaintance, then $25 via paypal a couple months later, then nothing but more excuses. thinking about criminal charges since i have a name and address; plus maybe doing a lien somehow

druid

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
im happy to report that after infinite pestering, threatening emails to saba and his female acquaintance who took the paypal pament, and having a lawyer send a threatening letter, i have finally received all of my $650 8 months later; although im out a benjamin plus for the lawyer. at least they did the right thing in the end.

Signals

Chimp
Jun 2, 2007
Ohio
im happy to report that after infinite pestering, threatening emails to saba and his female acquaintance who took the paypal pament, and having a lawyer send a threatening letter, i have finally received all of my $650 8 months later; although im out a benjamin plus for the lawyer. at least they did the right thing in the end.
I'll sell you a bike ;) ;)
just kidding, hope you learned a lesson.
man I'd like to buy a bike haha.

TrailMonkey

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
I suggest you post the names and addresses you have for Saba and friend.
If they live near me I'll pay them a visit for you...:twitch: