Quantcast

sad day (hope this never happens to your local shop)

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
:mad: today my good friend and riding partner,dh team leader, mechanic for all, lost his bike shop. i feel sick, i can only imagine how he and his wife feels. we spent all evening tonight moving bikes, unsold merchandise, and many memories out of his shop and into his garage. sparing details, the government did this foul and evil act of cruelty! the shop was small, it was in an even smaller town in southwest WA. everybody loved it! a meeting place for rides like post canyon, lewis river trail, souxion, sincline, little naches, and hush hush local sickness. the doors were closed on a 12 person dh team. you've all raced with us at wim series, nationals, p.a. now we don't have a home base anymore. we are not broken, we will still ride every weekend, we will still race, we will still laugh and drink lots of beer, especially tonight! drink one for my friend, he is the nicest person you will ever meet. he would take a part off of his bike and give it to you on the trail to get you to the bottom, even if it meant he was walking out. just that kind of person. give a shout out yo, and post condolences here so i can print and give to him.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Bummer. Any shop that gets closed down is a sad thing. Not familiar w/ that shop, but it sounds like it was a good place for sure. Hope everybody finds a home base soon. Whatever you do - keep riding.

None of us want to be whores to the man. Regardless, we always have been and will always be just that...no matter how hard we try.

Bottom's up.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
fattyfat1 said:
he didn't want to be a whore to the MAN. nuff said.

Yeah...uh... I don't think it is 'nuff.... What kind of evil gov't plot could be launched against tiny bike shops in the middle of nowhere??

And never discount being a whore to the MAN... maybe it could be fun?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
sucks the shop closed but if not paying taxes did it? ehhh he knew it was coming and cant be mad at "the man" for it...

either way...bike shops can be one of the coolest places for everyone to kick it at...when a cool one goes under, its beyond sad...sounds like you guys lost one of the cooler ones.

good vibes to your buddy!
-sean

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
look, what he did was besides the point. he is a stand up guy who would give you the shirt off his back. the "amount" of whatever he did was so miniscule it is sickening!! this isn,t enron fellas, its a small shop in a small town. its unfair what they did and totally undeserving, ok?

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
fattyfat1 said:
look, what he did was besides the point. he is a stand up guy who would give you the shirt off his back. the "amount" of whatever he did was so miniscule it is sickening!! this isn,t enron fellas, its a small shop in a small town. its unfair what they did and totally undeserving, ok?
The problem is that we can only go on the details you've provided, and the small amount you have given us has lead us to the assumption he didn't pay his taxes. It sucks the shop closed but weather we like it or not, there are laws in this country and we all gotta follow 'em. Small infraction or not, the IRS is not someone you f**k with.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Velocity Girl said:
The problem is that we can only go on the details you've provided, and the small amount you have given us has lead us to the assumption he didn't pay his taxes. It sucks the shop closed but weather we like it or not, there are laws in this country and we all gotta follow 'em. Small infraction or not, the IRS is not someone you f**k with.
Agreed...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
yeah i know...just giving you a hard time.

i may be able to scrounge up a spare foxRC for the weekend...ill make a call...ill pm you if i can get one...itll be 2.25x7.875, so if that doesnt work for your bike, lemme know.

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
i agree w/ velocity girl too! play by the rules, everyone else has to. look, i dont have that much info either, nor do i care to know more. i just know the person whos hurt, thats all. i learned enough to know an "example" was made for very , very petty reasons, no way does the punishment fit!