Quantcast

Sad Sad Day....

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
After 23 years in this location, the landlord will not renew the lease. We have 45 days to pack up and relocate. Apparently, since the current landlord took over the family finances after his dad died, he's in charge of the property. The current landord is a total douche and has referred to us as "you people" on several occasions (we're pacific islanders). My boss has offered to buy the property for 1.4mil (almost 1.5x what it was apraised for) but his exact words were "I'm not going to sell this to you. I don't like you."

I've never seen my boss so depressed. My work crew is freaked out. Its understandable cuz they're worried about having a job after 45 days. I've been making money at this business since I was 14. I grew up here. Most of my customers have known me since I was a 16 year old parts runner and customer shuttle driver.

If we can't find a place to relocate to within 45 days, my customers will have to find a new place to get their cars worked on, I'm out of a job, my work crew is out of a job, and my boss has lost his only source of income. The next 45 days are gonna suck. I think I'm going to throw up now.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
That sucks.....at first I thought you were referring to your residence, not business

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Sounds like the land lord deserves a lawsuit.
One of my customers is the Distric Atty of SD. I explained the situation. He came by on his lunch break and looked over the lease, paperwork, etc... He looked really sad when he said that the landlord was well within his right to not renew and that the standard period to vacate is 30 days.

He also explained that referring to us as you people cannot be legally considered racisim and not selling to us because he doesn't like us cannot be considered discrimiation.

I'm going to get a second/third/fourth opinion before we give up on that option, but right now, I'm numb. I think I'll freak out tonight when I get home. I'm sure I won't be able to sleep well tonight.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I bet this is a legal screwing. All you can do is bad mouth the guy, which I recommend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hmmm you're a pacific islander... i'm sure you know some people who are experts in muay thai! :busted:

(sorry if that came off as harsh, just trying to give you a laugh to help you deal)

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Unfortunately that's the way life is with business. It's a constant surprise and rarely a good one. I'll bet that your boss will find another location in no time since his business/life/livelihood depends on it, although that's no easy task normally. Sorry to hear about your troubles but just remember to roll with the punches.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
sorry to hear of the bad news ultranoob.hopefully it will work out for the best and i'll see you up @ woodward ripping the course in a couple of weeks.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
P.S. Obviously I sympathize with you about being a victim of racism.

Most racists will bow to one color, green. Find a way to make sure the alternative to getting rid of you makes him lose money.