Quantcast

$$$ Sad Turd Day GMT $$$

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Loaded on whiskey. Lamb of God, Anthrax, a pre game shot and four doubles, and this old crippled bastard is ready for the 1:00 am to downtown sleepy. All aboard!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired again. Currently sitting in the Miami airport waiting for my flight to San Juan just to catch another puddle jumper to the final island. Managed to squeeze in 3hrs of sleep on the redeye. This is a lot given I will be in Puerto Rico for less than 48 hours. I get back to Denver Monday at 11pm. Tuesday is going to suck.

Haley went home yesterday with a 102* fever. She's been pretty tough about it and trying to stay in bed/sleep. Not stoked on leaving her when she's this sick.

Also Spanish. Nobody is speaking English as primary. People seem incensed that I am speaking English.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Met my brother and an old high school buddy at St. Patrick's Brewery in Denver last night. Apparently said brewery was hosting some sort of party for a large group of deaf people. I've never been in a bar that was so full of people, and yet so quiet. It was a little surreal. I LOL'd when the Friday night solo guitar act started bringing in his gear to set up as we were leaving. Talk about a rough crowd to play for!

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Cold out there today. Dog peed but wanted no part of going for a walk. Then a few minutes after coming back inside she decided that she did have to go back out to drop some steamers (always a leash walk). Dogs. :rolleyes:

I've got a spin bike session and a run to take care of right after a poop. brb

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My turds are quite happy today. Fun fact: Saturday is named after Saturn by our pagan linguistic forefathers. I am guessing the dimmer bulbs on the monkey will be kept up tonight with excitement to find out what Sunday was named after.

Was supposed to attend our annual illegal backroad bike race today. It originated as an event for something to do as this time of year trails are typically too muddy to ride. Of course today is the coldest day of the year and 3000 foot gravely descents is a recipe for the hypo-death. I will be enjoy a brief ride on some nicely frozen trails.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wicked sore throat + extreeeeeme stuffiness last night. Not fun given that the baby needed extra snuggling to return to sleep. I feel a bit better now, which is good because I have a concert to play in tonight.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
gloriously slept in until 7:30, I can't remember the last time I got 9 hours of sleep. The wife and I had a really nice anniversary night out, me went to a nice Greek restaurant.

Coffee then its car repair day, need an estimate on a new volvo sunroof then its off to the glass shop to replace the front windshield on my new truck which met a rock on the highway and now has a two foot long crack

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Finally in Puerto Rico waiting for my puddle jumper to Culebra.

I'll probably never fly American again after getting raped by their change policy, but they do seats right. They are hip wide for me (which sucks), but when you lean them back, the bottom slides out and rotate up a bit so you don't end up with a weird angle for your back. In doing so, i was able to have my knees not touch the seat ahead of me. Very glad that Wifey surprised me by getting an exit row ($50 additional) for the first leg.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ass kicker of a ride earlier- about 7000' of climbing on the enderpo bike. The trips back down were worth it though.

Dinner with the GF tonight, then seeing POS live.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Looks like tonight will be the first concert I've had to play while legitimately sick. Lovely.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I'm contemplating a short ride in negative temperature tomorrow morning just to have something to brag about. Wifey is not happy about that plan.

Sorry to hear about your sickness, @Toshi. Being sick while doing what you love sucks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
50 mile road loop in the mountains with wifey, 12-25 cassette might need to be changed for a 28T.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got another ride in this afternoon. Starting to get the new Spitty dialed in. The thing rails corners even easier than the old one. Almost feels like you're being pulled through the turn. And the totally unridable 26" I9s can pull some serious snap out of corners as well.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Herro RM,

Trails ain't getting ridden by me. I figure I'm still two months out. What I been doing is slowly upgrading my bike so when I can shred it's in primo shape. Got me some ck hs & bb coming in sour apple...

Also clued in a trail runner about some of the underground trails around here... dude is already doing longer runs than I have biked out there?? Crazy fucker!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I used to love pepperoni cooked just like that with the charred edges. One day, a slice will be eaten, one day...
The onions peppers and mushrooms under goat cheese will be my next pizza. I will omit the sausages and pepperonis next time. Less Olive oil too. Burnt goat cheese is awesome by the way... Betterer then burnt pepperoni.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Trails ain't getting ridden by me. I figure I'm still two months out.
How's the recovery coming along?

I held it together and had no sneezing or coughing fits during my concert tonight. I didn't play that bad, either. I think I outright fingered one note wrong in a senile moment and chipped two others in a small fashion.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
How's the recovery coming along?
Thanks for asking. I'd say my fingers and elbow are at 80% mobility while my wrist is 35%. Bones are still delicate and I'm in the sling all day to keep my hand out of commission. I tried to go sling free but ended up using it too much. Still haven't been cleared for PT but hoping that changes this week.