Quantcast

Saddle Question

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
I'm thinking about upgrading the saddle on my road bike. I was wondering if there are any other women who might have experience with either the Fi'zik Arione or the Selle San Marco Rever? Any reviews?

Thanks
The Cheese

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
SuzyCreamcheese said:
I'm thinking about upgrading the saddle on my road bike. I was wondering if there are any other women who might have experience with either the Fi'zik Arione or the Selle San Marco Rever? Any reviews?

Thanks
The Cheese
The Fizik's are relatively narrow. That might be an issue for you. But I use the Aliante and it works great...

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
suzy
saddles are a vvvvvvvverrrrrry very personal thing. everyone's bit slightly different and have different preferences on things like this. see if someone you know has one and will let youtake a spin on it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Get a Brooks! You won't regret it! Ok, for the first 100 miles you might ;)

If you really want women specific and focused topics, bikeforums.net has a womens only section... you have to talk to a moderator to get access.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
indieboy said:
suzy
saddles are a vvvvvvvverrrrrry very personal thing. everyone's bit slightly different and have different preferences on things like this. see if someone you know has one and will let youtake a spin on it.

as i was saying

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
...and if you guys have cool saddles in mango orange or orange colors, please I'd like to buy them.. I need two.

looking for white and all red as well... I know you roadies have stash of cooler than mtb saddles in the bag.. :)

now back to Indie bickering..

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
indieboy said:
as i was saying
If you're refering to my recommendation of the Brooks, well, maybe you don't know this, but it molds to your butt and gives you the personal fit you're suggesting.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
LordOpie said:
If you're refering to my recommendation of the Brooks, well, maybe you don't know this, but it molds to your butt and gives you the personal fit you're suggesting.

brooks are nice, but they are a bit clunky, and wide in some models. i'm sticking to my opinion that she should try out a few saddles before making a choice.....espically making a choice formed by ppl on the net who well probably haven't ridden to many saddle and/or have any real qualifications to be making suggestions :)

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
BG2 toupe. scar tissue is no bueno. and it is real. blood flow problems. You don't even have to "experience numbness" to get scar tissue. erectile disfunction should not be an option.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
I got the Arione. I was able to test ride one at my LBS and butt loved it. Took it out for a metric over the weekend and no complaints.

Thanks for the feedback.

The Cheese