Quantcast

saddle stank

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
When your clothes get soaked in sweat and stanky, you put them through the laundry.

What do you do when your saddle gets stanky? Soak it in feebreze? Rub it with Old Spice?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Is it a nose-up-against-it stank, or friends-asking-wtf-that-smell-is stank? Can't say as I know the solution to either. Mine don't stank, at least not from a distance. Maybe it's the cutout; all the funk flows through. :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
When your clothes get soaked in sweat and stanky, you put them through the laundry.

What do you do when your saddle gets stanky? Soak it in feebreze? Rub it with Old Spice?
Soak it in enzyme cleaner and let it air dry. (no heat)

I suggest Mirazyme. You can apply it to the nastiest mildewy, damp, funky gear and it will eliminate the odor completely.

FOR STUBBORN OR SEVERE ODORS such as pet mishaps, skunk, fish, spilled milk, farm boots and work gear: Apply MiraZyme full strength to problem area. DO NOT RINSE. Air dry. MiraZyme may be applied with a spray bottle, mixed according to directions or full strength. Saturate item completely. Made in USA.

http://www.rei.com/product/47553035.htm

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Yeah, it's kinda a 10 inches radius on the stank. It bugs me when I'm working on the bike.

Nothing will make a stank like soaking in buffalo butter for 4 years.

I'll check out that enzyme cleaner.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Yeah, it's kinda a 10 inches radius on the stank. It bugs me when I'm working on the bike.

There is this stuff called "Natures Miracle" which they sell at pet stores. It is an enzyme cleaner..it will get the smell out of ANYTHING. Its manufactured to remove cat piss, so , you know, its pretty good.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
There is this stuff called "Natures Miracle" which they sell at pet stores. It is an enzyme cleaner..it will get the smell out of ANYTHING. Its manufactured to remove cat piss, so , you know, its pretty good.
Mirazyme is like that stuff x1000.

I work in the outdoor industry, our warranty guys swear by it. (they have tried everything).

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
H8R said:
Mirazyme is like that stuff x1000.

I work in the outdoor industry, our warranty guys swear by it. (they have tried everything).
Im just saying this stuff is cheap and easily available. That stuff prolly is better tho...I never heard of it..

What do you do BTW?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SirChomps-a-Lot said:

I worked at shops in Berkeley, so you can only imagine the nasty saddles that were on bikes that those old fvcking hippies dragged in.

Recumbents are the WORST. Like a big stanky Lazyboy.

Ugh.

:help:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
Im just saying this stuff is cheap and easily available. That stuff prolly is better tho...I never heard of it..
2oz will make up to 20 gallons of cleaner. $4.00

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
My saddle smells like leather. But that is because I am better than you. My suggestion is to buy some leather cleaner or douse it in febreeze.