Quantcast

***Sadturd day***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bike ride and then party in the hood that I have helped arrange where we are also trying to get the kid to meet each other.

Tomorrow we will pick up a girl from Greenland who will stay with us for a month. She is 10 like my son. We are all really excited. We also have family on Greenland so it's a good connection to make and learn more about the culture. We all hope to go there next year.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
:wave:

Oof....Drug out of bed at fy vay em by the wife to go watch the balloon launch downtown. I am le tired.
Damn, I remember the balloon show was on when we visited your fine city last year, can't believe it has been a year already!

Rode early, got bitten by a small fucking dog, hatred towards small fucking dogs and their moronic owners intensifies.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a bunch of people out on a ride last night. What a blast. We started in day light and kept going until the trees started to disappear into the darkness. Did the last half with lights.

Just as one guy was saying how great and grippy the dirt was, a tree reached out and grabbed my right hand and sent me into the soft dirt. It was probably the softest crash I've ever had, it was awesome. Entire right side was black from the soil.

Heading out shortly to ride a spot West of Toronto for the first time. I hear the place is littered with rocks...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Turned on the oven and built a good fire. 800 deg in 2 hours. Girl scouts get here in a hour. I made extra dough balls to make a few loaves of bread for the Moms. I hope they bring the wine this year.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rode Green Mountain with a co-worker this morning. Soon to Colorado Springs to get the minivan appraised formally. You free for lunch by any chance, @Pesqueeb ? Afterwards perhaps another ride.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
prolly gonna head up to the blue ridge parkway with the fam for some blueberry picking and swimming hole finding.
You and the rest of the southeast. Good luck and let me know how the picking is. Ima go ride some dirt then start packing for my Grand Canyon rafting trip next week.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Traffic from Monument to Co Springs was horrid. How do people do drives like this twice a day?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
8CE23292-4B0F-41AC-B07B-01150001EAFE.jpeg
Tomorrow we will pick up a girl from Greenland who will stay with us for a month. She is 10 like my son. We are all really excited. We also have family on Greenland so it's a good connection to make and learn more about the culture. We all hope to go there next year.
That’s awesome.
We have a Japanese student stay with us every summer.
The boys love it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If words could express my frustration right now....

Drove all the way out here and before I even get ten feet from my car, my front brake does this..

Fuck

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, we have had tenants in our Victor house for 9 years.
They just moved out...I was expecting a week's worth of work. It is IMMACULATE, and they even made a bunch of improvements.
Beyond psyched. Just need a trip to the dump and a bit of drywall work, and it is ready to rent.
For $500 more a month.
Perfect!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yeah Guides. It as if theres no return spring or pressure in the lever.

:banghead:
You shall be able to warranty exchange them - they all do it. Wrong material choice for the piston that expands under heat and won't return back. Everyone I know had to have their replaced.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If words could express my frustration right now....

Drove all the way out here and before I even get ten feet from my car, my front brake does this..

Fuck
Next time buy Shimano XT. Sure the lever will pump up in the middle of a chunky steep chute causing you to question your life choices and leak mineral oil in the back of your car on a hot sunny day while your shoveling pancakes into your face. But, they still grab the rotor, every time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
But, they still grab the rotor, every time.
Except for when they pull to the bar suddenly onto of a steep rock pile...

I have XT brakes too, but they are on the bike we built for our buddy, who is waiting g for a new bike (after his got stolen).

I'll try to put the $40 Deore brakes from my fat bike on here.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rode 118.7 miles on the tri bike with the wife. Well, wife wasn't on the bike with me...she was on her own bike. So we each rode separate bikes but rode together for 118.7 miles.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Traffic from Monument to Co Springs was horrid. How do people do drives like this twice a day?
We were probably heading in the opposite direction.
We were stuck in it yesterday evening heading south.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Quick hunt in the am after work..... Checking my gear and find the support strap in my pack is torn. It's all good for in the morning, but I will have to have it addressed by next weekend for my elk hunt. No biggie to drag a deer a mile, but packing it an elk requires a working pack....... Not to mention I will be fifteen miles packed in come Friday morning.....

Looks like I am picking up a new pack....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Awesome ride. 10 miles 2800' of climbing. Ripped thought the rocky downhill chute, hit 34 mph on the fire road sections. the rear tire waited until I was 100' from getting back to the truck at the end of the ride to go flat Life be good

turn off the sound.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awesome ride. 10 miles 2800' of climbing. Ripped thought the rocky downhill chute, hit 34 mph on the fire road sections. the rear tire waited until I was 100' from getting back to the truck at the end of the ride to go flat Life be good

turn off the sound.

My brain doesn't understand what living in a brown world must be like.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Made pizzas for the Local Girl Scouts. Nobody paid one bit of attention to me. Got a date with one of the Moms. I shared my figs with her.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You shall be able to warranty exchange them - they all do it. Wrong material choice for the piston that expands under heat and won't return back. Everyone I know had to have their replaced.
Of course now that the bike is inside and cooled down with the air conditioning on, the brake seems to be "normal" again.

Going to see if shop dude can warranty it. Rear brake has been fine up until now, but I think i'll pick up a rebuild kit, for when...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Of course now that the bike is inside and cooled down with the air conditioning on, the brake seems to be "normal" again.

Going to see if shop dude can warranty it. Rear brake has been fine up until now, but I think i'll pick up a rebuild kit, for when...
Have them warranty both. This is a known thing and should cause no hassles. Mine were replaced last year, iirc.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Definitely tell them both gave the issue.
I've done that for a couple of sets and told @Serial Midget to do the same.

No point getting one fixed and then have the other go out.

Got a date with one of the Moms. I shared my figs with her.
@TN is this a euphemism I'm missing?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@6thElement @Toshi have your replaced brakes ever done it a second time? Did they fix the original problem with a new piston design?
Mine actually never did it even initially. The shop replaced them because they knew it might become an issue. Replacement set has worked fine, too.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement @Toshi have your replaced brakes ever done it a second time? Did they fix the original problem with a new piston design?
I don't recall an issue on mine or wife's since I swapped levers. I've been on the new levers since last summer, I think hers went on at the start of this summer.