Quantcast

Sage Francis

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Any fans?

Vegan rapper from Providence.

Saw him live wendsday night at the Drunken unicorn... played from 12 to 2:30 am. Hes an awesome lyracist. great ryhmes. Very passionate, driven rhymes. he sounded great. You could almost say he writes much like rage against the machine (current event and political issues) no bling or rims. Sold out show. Hes was one of the few white guys to win BETs Poetry Slam.
I cant WAIT till he comes back...

Not to mention, Im seeing Atmosphere this weds.

Andrew

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
sage francis is awesome, and i caught the atmosphere show in dc on st pattys day, crushed up against the stage and slugs feet, its an awesome show even though mr dibbs didnt show up and slug rhymed with a 4 man band backing him, kinda different sound but definitely still good...

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
shifty S said:
sage francis is awesome, and i caught the atmosphere show in dc on st pattys day, crushed up against the stage and slugs feet, its an awesome show even though mr dibbs didnt show up and slug rhymed with a 4 man band backing him, kinda different sound but definitely still good...
Awesome. I stoked about Atomsphere. I have not seen them before.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Saw Atmosphere this summer past. Nice live show. Slug is blistering live.

The new Sage album on Epitaph is not my favorite. I think he writes really well, but he's gotten a little too caught up in being political, and I think that Epitaph fuels that. Personally I don't mind political, but it's evey song now.

I really did his old Non-Prophets stuff though - check it if you have not heard it.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Mackie said:
The new Sage album on Epitaph is not my favorite. I think he writes really well, but he's gotten a little too caught up in being political, and I think that Epitaph fuels that. Personally I don't mind political, but it's evey song now.

I really did his old Non-Prophets stuff though - check it if you have not heard it.

Yeah... I hear yah. I think its awesome hes getting more popular. His new album does seem overly produced (kinda poped up). All in all I got the cd last month, and I have been listening to it a lot, and its growing on me. But the Non-Prophets, and Soilliquists(sp?)... Or any of his old battle raps is where its at. Been a fan for a while, this was the first time I have been able to see him live.

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
yeah i saw atmosphere whenever they came on the warped tour, this last year was extra fun since some fool dumped a beer on the sound board and they lost half the speakers so slug had to drop off the stage into the crowd for the whole show...