Quantcast

Saint Caliper Bleeder Screws Seeping Fluid

Dawson308

Chimp
May 14, 2008
Roseville, CA
I have had a set of 2010 Saint Brakes on my DH bike for 3 months now. My rear brake caliper started seeping fluid around the bleeder screw three weeks ago. I wiped it off and after every day of riding it would collect dust around the bleeder screw where mineral oil had slowly seeped out. It is not dripping or anything, it is a very light seep. I took the rear caliper bleeder screw out and carefully cleaned the bleeder screw and the bleeder screw hole. Next ride it still seeped. After a hard weekend of DH riding this weekend my front caliper started seeping the same way around the bleeder screw. Has anyone else had this issue?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Mine did it for a little while after I bled the brakes (when they were new) but it stopped after a while. I think I just tightened them a little more.

Dawson308

Chimp
May 14, 2008
Roseville, CA
try a wee bit of plumbers tape. Common fix on hayes, speshly for bleeding them
Hurm..... My concern is that the fluid is leaking past the taper in the hole and not past the threads. There is an o-ring at the top of the threads on my brakes. I was considering having Shimano replace the calipers but my concern is that the new ones will just do the same thing.