Quantcast

Salads

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Love some salads. Cabbage, lettuce and whatever else you have in the fridge. Make your own dressing or dump on some always cheap and delicious Kens Steak House dressing. They're are no rules. Dried Blueberries from Washington State with goatcheese and cranberries. Put it in a bowl and go to town. I like them big, but small is fine sometimes... Why are salad plates so small and those little forks? WTF?

Kids always love chick peas....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Salad is not food; salad is what food eats.

That being said, I had a great one today at Crazy Horse in Nevada City after riding Pioneer/Miners into town, followed by pork street tacos. Too bad everyone in that town is a tweeker or close to being one.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My brothers garden had a serious Radish infestation. Mutant Carrots and long yam like white potatoes afso. I am currently enjoying access to his garden. He also had albino eggplants.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, kosher salt, spinach, fresh chopped dill, thinly sliced radishes and cucumber, shallots, pecans, canned smoked salmon. Whisk oil, lemon, pepper and salt, toss ingredients. Excellent.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I've been into simple (lazy) but tasty salads lately:

1. Green leaf lettuce and spinach, Marcona almonds, olive oil

2. Green leaf lettuce with kalamata olives with a little bit of the liquid from the jar over the lettuce.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cherry peppers stuffed with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola. Hydroponic Chard and hydroponic chopped grape tomatoes, Shallots, green olives, and cubed Hot Soppreseto, Drenched in Greek Olive oil and Rice wine and Sea Salt. Almonds thrown in for good measure. I will be doing all my future gardening indoors.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fungus has taken root in our Garden. Power bill has been brutal also. The Solar panel project went nowhere. City made us get a engineer who fucked us over. Invasive law enforcement activity has discouraged our volunteer help. New kitchen makes pickles. Very smelly operation. Other tenants are complaining. Inspector came by and said I needed to enclose all the propane and flammable liquid tanks. I told him to pound salt as the tanks aren't mine.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
A salad is not a real salad without bacon.
This salad proves you wrong.
Thai style warm lamb salad..... So so good!

stuffs to mangle

6 Limes
2tsp demerara sugar
1 red chilli finely chopped (remove seeds if you prefer it not so hot)
half teaspoon fish sauce
half teaspoon Tamari
1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil (I prefer avocado for this recipe)
400grm Lamb fillets cut into 1cm strips
1 small red onion, finely sliced
50g fresh Coriander (Cilantro) chopped
25 fresh mint chopped
75g roasted peanuts chopped
200g Mesclun salad leaves

How to mangle

To make the dressing grate the zest of 3 limes and squeeze the juice from all the limes.
Add the sugar, chilli, fish sauce and Tamari.
Stir till the sugar has dissolved.

Sear the Lamb strips on the BBQ grill, but don't overcook beyond rare.
Remove from the heat and rest for 2 mins or so.

Slice the lamb strips thinly and add to the Mesclun, Red Onion, peanuts, Herbs.
Toss well and pour over the dressing.

Makes about 6 servings...... Or in my case it serves ME, everyone else can gfked! I can't stop eating it cos it's so good!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I hate fish and soy sauce which makes pretty much every thai dish uneatable for me...
This meant eating at subway and irish pubs for a month when i was in Thailand which was pretty annoying.

Other then that it looks like a killer salad and i think i might give it a go without the sauce!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fungus has taken root in our Garden. Power bill has been brutal also. The Solar panel project went nowhere. City made us get a engineer who fucked us over. Invasive law enforcement activity has discouraged our volunteer help. New kitchen makes pickles. Very smelly operation. Other tenants are complaining. Inspector came by and said I needed to enclose all the propane and flammable liquid tanks. I told him to pound salt as the tanks aren't mine.
That is a lot of drama for salad

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Capacity has exceeded expectations. Bank is on board. New tenants expansion was successful. New Solar bank gets installed next week. Old loading dock decommissioned and renovated, the additional sq footage will be online next week. Boiler decommission will get ue our Green cert,

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
too hot to cook, made a salad: lettuce, spinach, some croutons, sliced turkey and avocado.
washing it all down with a buffalo trace and ginger ale.