Quantcast

Salary.com, using results for salary requirements?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
You might want to try to use more than one source for your info. I came up with a figure based on what I found on salary.com, a couple of google searches, and from what friends and colleagues I felt comfortable asking were making. I'm convinced it's a black art.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
sam_little said:
Anyone use it? I'm thinking about using the results as the backbone of my salary requirements, along with a budget, etc.
My company requires us to have such findings ready during employee review. So I'd say yes, some people trust somewhat the data from these sites

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Total Heckler said:
I am underpaid.
I applied for a transfer within the company recently. Same job (PC field desktop support) When I was talking to the new manager he was saying that I was being underpaid by at least 13,000 a year. I hate Kaiser Permanente. Thrive my ass! :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :redhot:

Edit: I think I am going to get drunk too.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There are a few different ones and you should look at 3 or so to get a rough idea. As for salary, it is close for me too, but for contract work there are too many variables to count.

I know I can get anything from $25 to $75 an hour depending on what perks are included.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am a system admin here, and according to that chart i shoudl be making ALOT more than i am...

I think they have me here because they know i can do the job, but can pay me less because i am fresh out of school. I like my job so i cant complain i guess...