Quantcast

Salem MX or DS Courses?

L

luelling

I moved to salem bought 8 months ago and I love the area for the FR at Blackrock and the killer XC and Road riding. I was wondering if there were dirt jumps or a BMX track in Salem that would let us ride our MTB bikes there? I'm looking for a place that I can bolt to fairly quickly after work and get in some practice and have some fun.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
me and my friend were there last week, he said somting about some dirt jumps called so-lame, never did find them. I bet santaim bike shop would know.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
So-lame are supposed to be super huge with vert lips, but I've never been there. I heard the last one has a 50' gap.

Come up to Portland and ride The Grotto and Meldrum with me when you get a chance. You too Kim.

Tim

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
how is Grotto now? I heard it was really hard, I am not that good at dirt jumps. Small line at meldrum was perfect for me, might work up to the big line next time.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
fuzzycatnuts said:
how is Grotto now? I heard it was really hard, I am not that good at dirt jumps. Small line at meldrum was perfect for me, might work up to the big line next time.
Grotto is awesome! It just takes a little practice. You can start in the middle where there's a little switchback then a couple small ones that get bigger as you go.

Sounds like a bunch of PDX people are going to the Dart jumps in Olympia Sunday then up to Softies. maybe you know someone who like s to take pictures.

L

luelling

I'll have to take you up on that tim. Its been a while since I've dirt jumped (rhythms and such) so you can make fun of me on my first few tries thru :)

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
luelling said:
I'll have to take you up on that tim. Its been a while since I've dirt jumped (rhythms and such) so you can make fun of me on my first few tries thru :)
I'm about to leave MC and go to the Grotto right now. Hopefully there'll be some people to ride with.

Tim