Quantcast

salt lake city riding

bent240sx

Chimp
May 11, 2005
i am going to be in slc soon and i am looking for opinions on the best place to ride that offers LIFT service. i will be doing strictly fr/dh riding NO XC. if anyone in the area (or anyone outside the area with first hand info) can give me some help that would be great.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Define "soon".

Most everything will be snowed until AT LEAST the end of May. Deer Valley might be clear then...might. There will likely be snow still when the NORBA rolls into town. We've had an assload of snow. Most area resorts offer lifts, but most only have XC trails built. Deer Valley and Park City MR have some stuff (The PC is generally illegal...), but not much. Ski resort DH in Utah kinda sucks...you have to know people who know where stuff is, generally...Call up Go-Ride, they can give you more info.

bent240sx

Chimp
May 11, 2005
i will not be there until the first/second week of june. so hopefullly the snow cover will have receded enough by then. anyone else have any advice?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Snowbasin (1.5H from Salt Lake) has some DH trails I hear, but I've never ridden down there. I'll ask some Ogden guys I know.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
bent240sx said:
i will not be there until the first/second week of june. so hopefullly the snow cover will have receded enough by then. anyone else have any advice?
Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, and Brighton are all likely to still be snowy at that point in time. I believe Brighton will be running mtb lifts this year, the Bird and Solitude already do.

DV, PCMR, and Snowbasin all should be pretty much clear by June.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Sundance has opened for biking but it's more a slalom bike type or resort. Jsut fast singletrack, fun but not techy

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Mani_UT said:
Sundance has opened for biking but it's more a slalom bike type or resort. Jsut fast singletrack, fun but not techy
Sundance will suck unless you have a bike you can climb on. XC trails, with only one that is straight downhill.