Quantcast

***Salt Mine GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Here. Wifey is getting angry because she didn't sleep last night because she's getting anxious about our flights to the Bahamas tomorrow. The weather *might* be bad so she's freaking out about that too. And because we're taking her car to the airport, she's scared that we won't get covered parking and it will get hailed on. I mean, insurance exists for a reason and because we can only control so many things, sometimes you have to let the small things go.

Wifey's aunt and uncle are here to watch Layla and MIL1. Before and after dinner they were grinding her about her knee starting to fail and refusal to get it checked. She's scared to see the doctor because she knows that she will need to get an MRI. She's scared to get an MRI because she's claustrophobic. It's a neverending downward cycle. I think it was finally beat into her that if her knee fails (she's on that path) she will be getting an MRI no matter what, but her knee will no longer have controlled damaged. Plus, she will become immobile, which means she's going to a facility - whether she likes it or not. Hopefully she gets an appt while we're gone.

Age is a bitch. I really wish more older people looked at things and stayed as active as @johnbryanpeters. He should be the benchmark for a healthy senior vs. the shit I'm dealing with. Maybe I just got spoiled by listening to JBP's daily activities to think that was normal?
Find a place with open mri no tube to be inserted into

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've been seriously riding MTBs for oh, a good 25 years now and like to think I'm at least somewhat decent at it.

Of course, I watched the Redbull Hardline course preview this morning and realized the gulf between what I do and what good riders do is so unbelievably vast it's almost unfair to even consider it the same sport.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Got great Land Cruiser news...I can delay shipping it out for probably up to a year. This will enable the paint and body work to get done, and preclude it from being an immediate registration pain in the ass in the move Stateside.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've been seriously riding MTBs for oh, a good 25 years now and like to think I'm at least somewhat decent at it.

Of course, I watched the Redbull Hardline course preview this morning and realized the gulf between what I do and what good riders do is so unbelievably vast it's almost unfair to even consider it the same sport.
Good =/= elite. Get that hammered through. Now look at your skill set again.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You got one of those pyrrhotite foundations or is this just garden variety crumbling?
Garden variety? Guy on the phone took a look at my photos and said "I'd like to come out to take a look". Said there was significant spalling and some other fun things going on. I believe that our garage slab absorbs moisture during rain then leaches it back out into the foundation that then crumbles, or perhaps something more freeze-thaw intensive going on. Either way, I'm assuming it's going to be an expensive repair.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lol, you gotta love our healthcare system. My wife has to drive to the office so she can print a letter that then gets scanned electronically into a separate system because there is no connection between the two systems. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm assuming you tried removing/reinstalling/swapping the circuit breaker to see if there was anything wrong with it?
we checked the wiring going into it, and reinitializing it, but not replacing the breaker itself. maybe that's the next step? but at this point, it seems like it would be better to just call an electrician to do the trouble-shooting....

Or @slyfink could try turning his house off and on again.
Shirley you jest, but yes, we've tried that too. (when we pulled the cover off the panel to examine it)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
we checked the wiring going into it, and reinitializing it, but not replacing the breaker itself. maybe that's the next step? but at this point, it seems like it would be better to just call an electrician to do the trouble-shooting....

Shirley you jest, but yes, we've tried that too. (when we pulled the cover off the panel to examine it)
If you're uncomfortable working with electricity i get it, give the electrician a call. Otherwise, swapping the breaker on the suspect circuit with a known good one should take no more than 5 minutes and costs nothing. It's not unheard of for a breaker to fail.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If you're uncomfortable working with electricity i get it, give the electrician a call. Otherwise, swapping the breaker on the suspect circuit with a known good one should take no more than 5 minutes and costs nothing. It's not unheard of for a breaker to fail.
I suppose I could give that a try. They're plug and play right? Shut off the power, pull old one out, plug new one in?

Off to YouTube I go...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I suppose I could give that a try. They're plug and play right? Shut off the power, pull old one out, plug new one in?

Off to YouTube I go...
Yep, just like that. It's on par with changing an outlet or light switch. So long as you can operate a screwdriver and flick switches, it's easy enough.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yep, just like that. It's on par with changing an outlet or light switch. So long as you can operate a screwdriver and flick switches, it's easy enough.
Quoting Timmeh so he can't edit to absolve himself after slyfink has burned down his house swapping a breaker.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
who woulda thought ikea would screw you over on shit necessary to put something together....

and i had to get the shit off amazon

well...

my nephew is putting it together and getting paid 50 bucks that he doesn't know about yet...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

You seriously think riding three times a year is serious?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I need to get some electric yard tools now...weedwhacker, blower, hedge trimmer. I have Makita hand tools but they're 12v so I guess I'm in the market for whatever...
I’d suggest looking into Greenworks 60V. Wide range of tools. I like their 25” two blade mower and have a bunch of other shit in that lineup. Including a mini bike because why not

IMG_1107.jpeg

Find a place with open mri no tube to be inserted into
From my perspective I’d rather her take a fat benzo and go into the regular MRI. Open bore low field strength ones produce awful looking images.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I swear man, these raccoons are asking for it.

I keep a chunk of concrete ontop of this bin, which snaps shut. Which I put inside of a bigger tub, which also has half a cinder block weighing it down and wedging it inside of.

And yet these fucking trash pandas still get into the bin and eat the compostable crap - and spread it all over the driveway.

And look, when they can't get in they'll just eat the bin. Wtf

I need to come up with a way to lock the lid shut and outsmart the racoon, but be simple and easy enough for the trash dude to get it open in a few seconds. Maybe I can tape "pull this" instructions to the lid?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I swear man, these raccoons are asking for it.

I keep a chunk of concrete ontop of this bin, which snaps shut. Which I put inside of a bigger tub, which also has half a cinder block weighing it down and wedging it inside of.

And yet these fucking trash pandas still get into the bin and eat the compostable crap - and spread it all over the driveway.

And look, when they can't get in they'll just eat the bin. Wtf

I need to come up with a way to lock the lid shut and outsmart the racoon, but be simple and easy enough for the trash dude to get it open in a few seconds. Maybe I can tape "pull this" instructions to the lid?

You need some guard monkeys