Quantcast

Sam Adams Noble Pils

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Probably not up to par for all the diehard beer-snobs on the board, buuutt...

I've never been a fan of Sam Adams for all the years I've been drinking (legally), but I picked up a sixer of this over the weekend and was really blown away.

I really enjoy pale ales and IPAs - not sure how this relates to them, but I loved it.

Has anyone else tried this? Thoughts?

ps - I also tried the Sierra Torpedo IPA which was fvcking amazing, and their new(?) Golden Bock Ale called Glissade is also very, very tasty.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Saw it over the weekend, haven't tried it yet. As of late I have been VERY impressed with the Brewmasters Collection and small batch beers that Sammy and co. have been releasing.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
wow - granted I don't check this forum often, but one reply? that's kinda pathetic.
Thanks Jon!

bunch of snobs around here I tell ya...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Heh...

I have not seen this on shelves but would like to try it.

BTW, the 2010 edition of their homebrew six pack is due out soon. barleywine, saison and old ale. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Damn... SA made a DIPA? I missed it. :(
It was in a boxed six pack. Only two of them, along with two of the aforementioned wittes and bocks. They are still available here in Sam Adams country.

Apparently the double IPA was a clone of Pliny the Elder. I've had Pliny, and the Sam's version does measure up. Still damn good though.

Noble Pils was OK.

It poured golden color. Light looking. Had a little foamy head.

Smelled of malt and hops and slightly citrus( Cascades maybe??)

Tasted like a lager. Very bready tasting. Finished crisp. Very drinkable.
It's not awesome but to me, it fills a spot for SA in the bars that was lacking in their lineup.

SA Noble Pils