Quantcast

Sam Adams Summer Ale

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i'm going to be that guy and say that i don't really like it. definitely not a bad beer in the scheme of things, but it's not really my style. i seem to be much more partial to darker, heavier beers no matter the season.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I tried it on tap when it first came out.

It tasted like I was drinking it out of an old tennis shoe. :think:

Maybe they toned down the "lemon" now.

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Everyone that I ride with loves Sam Adams Boston Lager, & hates that crap. The Boston Ale is passable but that fruity crap is just terrible. I bet you guys like the light stuff , & that cranberry swill too...

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Everyone that I ride with loves Sam Adams Boston Lager, & hates that crap. The Boston Ale is passable but that fruity crap is just terrible. I bet you guys like the light stuff , & that cranberry swill too...

The summer ale is not that fruity, a hint of lemon, and its not even that noticable.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I had two at the bar last night. Thought it was pretty good. Not spectacular, but I'd get it again.

I don't need to drink a porter when it's 95 degrees out to validate my masculinity.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
All of the stronger beers I've tried have been much lighter in texture and color than traditional porters and stouts.
Sure enough. I just get tired of hearing comments like "that fruity crap is just terrible. I bet you guys like the light stuff , & that cranberry swill too..."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i'm pretty psyched to have some Shipyard Summer Ale when I head up to Maine in July.

I enjoy the Sam Adams summer ale though not as much as the Shipyard.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Dare I say it, but so much of these summer beers just end up tasting like "enhanced" budweisers...SA summer ale tastes that way to me, as does Harpoon's UFO Hefeweisen - not bad, but kind of bland and light.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sure enough. I just get tired of hearing comments like "that fruity crap is just terrible. I bet you guys like the light stuff , & that cranberry swill too..."
The Wild Raspberry Ale by the Great Divide Brewing Company is quite good. They come in their 12 pack samplers. That said, at the last two cookouts I've had, women drank them. :monkey: 5.6% abv for a fruity beer isn't too shabby.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Dare I say it, but so much of these summer beers just end up tasting like "enhanced" budweisers...SA summer ale tastes that way to me, as does Harpoon's UFO Hefeweisen - not bad, but kind of bland and light.
They always seem to have a sweeter flavor to me. I agree they are lighter which is nice during the summer.