Quantcast

Sam Brown R.I.P.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i think that it's fairly accurate to call the war on drugs (specifically pot, in this case) 'fruitless.'
very true. it is one of the nation's largest cash crops too.
they should give it up..god created pot so it must be good. :brows:

if he didnt have his choppa license, he must have been close to getting it to actually fly the damn thing

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The war on drugs is an attempt to solve a social problem with criminal tactics.

As long as there is money to be made from selling illegal drugs, the trade will exist despite the efforts to stop it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's funny, I live an hour south of Spokane and this is the first I've heard of anything relating to this incident. It's too bad that the DEA is setting up kids and then throwing them in jail. Their creating opportunities for people to be criminals and then busting them and patting themselves on the back for busting criminals.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
It's funny, I live an hour south of Spokane and this is the first I've heard of anything relating to this incident. It's too bad that the DEA is setting up kids and then throwing them in jail. Their creating opportunities for people to be criminals and then busting them and patting themselves on the back for busting criminals.
ummm... he had 350 lbs. of pot. i'd be quite surprised if he wasn't working for a large smuggling operation.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Are you serious?

Listen, as bad as I feel for his family and friends the DEA didn't make this happen.
This is not a case of some narc getting a troubled kid to sell him a few joints. This guy was moving serious amounts of weed across international borders.

This guy was an adult and should have known the risks of what he was doing. If he did off himself, then its a shame he couldn't deal with the consequences after he got busted.

(/opinion)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
It was a whole lotta weed, but it was just weed. The US is so fuqed when it comes to marijuana.

The DEA prolly threw him around and scared the sh1t out of a youngster that had prolly never been in a cell in his life and facing 10 years or so, he made another poor choice?

I do think some hardcore agent(s) had a hand in this tragedy in their sorry azz "war on drugs".

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'm not saying that drug smugglers are innocents in this. They are the ones who agree to do it, but I bet alot of people would say yes if they knew how much they were getting paid for a couple hours of their time. He had 350lbs of BC weed... Street value at wholesale thats like $700,000. If Brown was cut a $100 a lb for his service thats $35,000. A pretty fat return for his risk and a couple hours. Unfortunately it cost him his life.

If pot wasn't illegal and worth so much damn money kids wouldn't be getting the action movie eyes over this bullsh!t. It is ridiculous and created artificially, by the likes of the DEA and similar agencies.

Pot isn't worth all this trouble. It's just not. Therefore I can't condemn the kid for doing something that doesn't make sense. I have to look at the bigger picture and see that he was just a pawn in a gigantic game of idiocy

Sad, sad story. Of coarse Mr. Brown was an adult and knew the consequences but having to kill yourself for plants that just so happen to have value is dumb. Yeah the war on drugs is a big scam. Hell I bet even DEA agents toke bowls now and then, Sh!t they don't even know how to hold on to there own weapons. http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4545561&page=1
I wonder how many of those weapons were used in real crimes like maybe........MURDER!...or ..........RAPE. Good job boys. I'm only venting on Law enforcement because my company's store was just cleaned out of 1/2 mil in merchandise. So..yeah.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
The DEA prolly threw him around and scared the sh1t out of a youngster that had prolly never been in a cell in his life and facing 10 years or so, he made another poor choice?
:disgust:

i can see some naive kid getting suckered into smuggling a couple pounds of weed across the border in his car, but he took a helicopter to bring a large amount of weed across the border. he had to be aware of the consequences. i don't support the war on drugs, but does everyone here think that the group transporting that much of an illegal(doesn't matter if it's harmless, it's still illegal) substance across the border is just a bunch of harmless pot dealers?

it's unfortunate that his life took a turn like that.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
:disgust:

i can see some naive kid getting suckered into smuggling a couple pounds of weed across the border in his car, but he took a helicopter to bring a large amount of weed across the border. he had to be aware of the consequences. i don't support the war on drugs, but does everyone here think that the group transporting that much of an illegal(doesn't matter if it's harmless, it's still illegal) substance across the border is just a bunch of harmless pot dealers?

it's unfortunate that his life took a turn like that.
I never said he was suckered.

My second wife is Canadian and she paid for college by living in a grow house. She was smart, young and cool but needed easy cash for her future, but had she been busted by some overzealous American cops and felt there was no where to turn, who knows what would have happened.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Are you serious?

Listen, as bad as I feel for his family and friends the DEA didn't make this happen.
This is not a case of some narc getting a troubled kid to sell him a few joints. This guy was moving serious amounts of weed across international borders.

This guy was an adult and should have known the risks of what he was doing. If he did off himself, then its a shame he couldn't deal with the consequences after he got busted.

(/opinion)

Agreed.

Sam can also be considered a casualty of the misguided, expensive and - worst of all - fruitless, 'War On Drugs.'
The war on drugs killed him? No, either he killed himself or someone he was dealing with pertaining to the weed did.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
its funny how they refer to the weed as "crop" when they talk about when he was unloading it. If they are referring to it as a crop then why is it illegal?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
This thread is about a young, sick rider who died unnessarily in the "war on drugs" dumbazz. Your avatar speaks volumes...