Quantcast

Sam Hill & Brendan Fairclough on Specialized

jwin

Chimp
Sep 3, 2005
Specialized have officially announced today that they have teamed with the Monster Energy DH team of Sam Hill and Bendan Fairclough.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
"Specialized's MTB Sports Marketing Manager Scott Sharples"

We'll I never heard that before? Scotty gonna be managin' the race team? Sam would be stoked to be working with him again on a more full-time basis.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
No managing the race team. Sharples runs the marketing dept for spec now, took over Seplavy's job believe after his brief tenure. Sean Heimdal still runs the race team for monster.

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
"Next season, the two-man team will ride the Specialized Demo 8—the same race rig trusted by Decline Team America—known for its generous travel, patented FSR suspension, durable chassis and killer good looks. In the pre-season, Sam and Brendan will also train on the Stumpjumper FSR, Specialized's premier XC Trail bike, along with the 4X-winning SX and P3."

So...no prototype bikes.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
"Next season, the two-man team will ride the Specialized Demo 8—the same race rig trusted by Decline Team America—known for its generous travel, patented FSR suspension, durable chassis and killer good looks. In the pre-season, Sam and Brendan will also train on the Stumpjumper FSR, Specialized's premier XC Trail bike, along with the 4X-winning SX and P3."

So...no prototype bikes.
The Demo pictured with Sam and Barandog isn't a Demo 8, it is a Demo 7 with some tweaks

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

So...no prototype bikes.
It's a press release. In november. Try not to sweat the details.

But, if they were to be testing some new equipment next season I don't think Specialized would be broadcasting it until after most people have bought their '09 bikes. "Buy a Demo, Sam and Brendan won't be using it next year"

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
If Sam Hill goes slow on the ugly POS huckers bike they're gonna look pretty stupid, altho' I'm sure he can ride anything fast...
Wow nice post buddy, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, I never realized before the Demo was an ugly POS hucker bike...you're an :monkey: so when was the last time you've tried a Demo ?

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
not that i'd be rushing out to buy one but i know some damn fast guys who ride demo's. They corner pretty damn well they may be heavy but all the weight is in the right place

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Lets be honest: Sam Hill chose Specialized because his last bike wasn't getting it done for him.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
not that i'd be rushing out to buy one but i know some damn fast guys who ride demo's. They corner pretty damn well they may be heavy but all the weight is in the right place
Agreed. Except for the heavy part. Mine came stock at 39.6lbs... Now a bit less. Pretty light for a "hucking bike" :P

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
if he was on the specialized at the worlds he wouldn't of slid out on that last corner
Exactly. The extra weight would have kept his wheels glued to the ground. He wouldn't had to brake a tiny bit, saving a tenth of second from his probable 6 second victory.

S

seespotendo

possibly the ugliest team ever :monkey:, color wise. haha.
the white/red bike with the green/black sponsor. i hope they consider painting the demo.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well its not like Sam has been known as a style icon so I don't know why anybody are surprised about the jersey. As long as he rides the hell out of his new bike as he did on the Sunday he can keep showing up in clown suites as far as I care.