Quantcast

Sam Hill does it again...

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
was tyler morland the previous record holder?

looks like he just got pwned at his home track!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
home track? it's close to 7 hours away from whistler......
SHUT UP!!

Sam hill invented mountain biking!! He farted once and the smell alone shaped the mt seven downhill!!

This one time, at band camp, sam hill radioed the top of the course to let the starter know that he was done. His time hadn't even started yet!!

So....sam hill has vowels in his name......so I changed my name so that it would have vowels in it too. Now we have a connection. Me and sam hill.

Every time I drink a monster it's like sam hill is my mommy eagle spitting recycled fish goo into my mouth.

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
That's like Micheal Jordan. For his day sure. Now a days the level is much higher than Nico could ever touch. Give Sam a few years. He WILL continue to dominate.
I agree with your point, but you can't use Jordan in the analogy. Jordan just retired 4 years ago and if in his prime, would dominate the NBA today. I think a better analogy is someone from way back, like the 60's.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
WOOT WOOT

I said 3 years ago that I thought he would be the greatest DH racer ever. Way to prove me right Sam.
he hasn't proven you right......no one can argue the fact that nicolas vouliouz is the by far the best racer we've ever seen......10x world champion, and a god of consistency and calculation.....hill is ridiculous and way ahead of everyone else on the field, but don't forget minaarr had winning streaks like this a couple of years ago......

so, he hasn't proven you right yet....give it a few more years of total domination

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
nico in his prime would definitely "touch" sam hill in his prime.....and probably in his danger zone hahahaha:pirate2:
hahaha... Also ppl like Nico helped to define what fast was and what you could do (same with Jordan). Its hard to say who would've been faster since these two people helped define what their sport was.

SofaKing

Chimp
Apr 12, 2006
Sam had a time of 12m49s and Steve was 13m01s and I think Tyle was 13m15s but not sure on that. Hill only rode the course twice yesterday and still set a new record,impressive. He also said after riding deaddog, "that was the craziest thing I have ever rode a bike down". Any one who has rode Mt 7 knows what he is talking about.
I have to say this guy can ride a bike.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
sam is such a boss. i can't believe some of the sh!t he has pulled off this season, it has just amazed me. i watched footage of his race at champery, he was pinning it though mud that his competition was barely surviving. he can pull off what would seem impossible.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
sam is such a boss. i can't believe some of the sh!t he has pulled off this season, it has just amazed me. i watched footage of his race at champery, he was pinning it though mud that his competition was barely surviving. he can pull off what would seem impossible.
but can he ride clips..... ?

norcalbiker

Chimp
Jul 15, 2007
i think by clipless he was making a play on words as in without clips. he was not suggesting that he used clipless pedals

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
......no one can argue the fact that nicolas vouliouz is the by far the best racer we've ever seen......10x world champion, and a god of consistency and calculation.....
The 10x world champion is enough to get him in any hall of fame, but how many world cups or world cup chamionships did he win?
He's like lance, he always won the big race but not so much the everyday races. This is by no means a knock on NV; in what is arguably the biggest race of the year he stepped up. Ten times!

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
pleeease mr spends too much time on the internet. I have been checking ridemonkey for a while and reading. Acadian came into my shop today and I decided to join the forum.
Please as in regards to trying to interpret pinkshirt's comments. I think it was pretty clear what he meant.

Pascal's 5050's from descentworld

dondon

Monkey
The 10x world champion is enough to get him in any hall of fame, but how many world cups or world cup chamionships did he win?
He's like lance, he always won the big race but not so much the everyday races. This is by no means a knock on NV; in what is arguably the biggest race of the year he stepped up. Ten times!
Nico also has the record for the most world cup dh wins (male) so there goes taht theory of yours. Peat needs one more win for the tie, and another for the new record.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Huh? Pretty sure he took out the overall Cup title several times and won some stupid amount of WC rounds.

Barel might be famous for taking the Champs without the individual rounds but Nico was no slouch on the individual World Cup races.