Quantcast

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
From what i've heard from numerous reliable sources is that the DW link is in fact moving to the GIANT team. However, no official announcements have been brought to my attention.

As far as Sam Hill's team next year.. No doubt in my mind that Iron horse will keep him. Can you begin to fathom how many sam hill replica bikes have been sold thanks to him? or how many iron horse sundays? how hard it is to get a sunday from the factory these days and how common they are at your average race? its pretty outrageous if you ask me. and again if you ask me sam hill is getting BANK from iron horse, and unless he is offered at least twice the bank he's making now from another company, or in the very least, the same bank he is getting(x2BANKS if you will haha) from whichever company he may decide to move to agrees to a contract.

when you think about it though sam has been with the iron how long now? after everything they've done for him as far as supporting him from the ground up to the top, after everything he's done for them...do you really think he would change teams now? I guess the real point I want to make is..

ARE YOU REALLY DENSE ENOUGH TO THINK IT REALLY MATTERS WHAT BIKE YOU RIDE?

Sam Hill is a man, and not because of the bike or his setup or any of that bull spit. fan boys need to understand the fact of the matter.

Sam would kick a$$ no matter what DH bike he is on. Technology is there backing all of the top bikes available today. While a few minor adjustments may shave a 2-3 seconds on a WC run. The fact is, Sam kicks a$$ and it really doesn't matter what he rides, he will still kick a$$.

WORD

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
From what i've heard from numerous reliable sources is that the DW link is in fact moving to the GIANT team. However, no official announcements have been brought to my attention.

As far as Sam Hill's team next year.. No doubt in my mind that Iron horse will keep him. Can you begin to fathom how many sam hill replica bikes have been sold thanks to him? or how many iron horse sundays? how hard it is to get a sunday from the factory these days and how common they are at your average race? its pretty outrageous if you ask me. and again if you ask me sam hill is getting BANK from iron horse, and unless he is offered at least twice the bank he's making now from another company, or in the very least, the same bank he is getting(x2BANKS if you will haha) from whichever company he may decide to move to agrees to a contract.

when you think about it though sam has been with the iron how long now? after everything they've done for him as far as supporting him from the ground up to the top, after everything he's done for them...do you really think he would change teams now? I guess the real point I want to make is..

Sam Hill is a man, and not because of the bike or his setup or any of that bull spit. fan boys need to understand the fact of the matter.

Sam would kick a$$ no matter what DH bike he is on. Technology is there backing all of the top bikes available today. While a few minor adjustments may shave a 2-3 seconds on a WC run. The fact is, Sam kicks a$$ and it really doesn't matter what he rides, he will still kick a$$.

WORD
WOW! You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
or, a better question......

does any of this really matter?

sam hill will ride a bike, most likely at a high rate of speed. specialized (and ironhorse, as well as many other bike manufacturers) will continue to make frames that boast unrivaled pedaling efficiency, virtually no brake jack, small bump sensitivity, cornering abilities unlike no other...... and, in the end, everyone will still buy what they like. oh well.

now, back to your regularly scheduled e-speculation and almost pointless banter......

Last edited:

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
or, a better question......

does any of this really matter?

sam hill will ride a bike, most likely at a high rate of speed. specialized (and ironhorse, as well as many other bike manufacturers) will continue to make frames that boast unrivaled pedaling efficiency, virtually no brake jack, small bump sensitivity, cornering abilities unlike no other...... and, in the end, everyone will still buy what they like. oh well.

now, back to your regularly scheduled e-speculation and almost pointless banter......
Thank you. Probably the most well thought out insight to make an appearance in this thread. Who cares.

x

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
SKC said about the demo 8:
“The thing was that the 1st gen rear end was geared toward absorbing big hits and not really able to efficiently deal with the high-speed chatter type stuff you would encounter on a WC course. Square-edged hits also slowed the bike down a bit compared to other designs that were out there at the time.”

So. How do you know if a bike (fsr or dw or vpp or ….) will be good at high speed? At Square-edged hits?

Thanks.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
SKC said about the demo 8:
“The thing was that the 1st gen rear end was geared toward absorbing big hits and not really able to efficiently deal with the high-speed chatter type stuff you would encounter on a WC course. Square-edged hits also slowed the bike down a bit compared to other designs that were out there at the time.”

So. How do you know if a bike (fsr or dw or vpp or ….) will be good at high speed? At Square-edged hits?

Thanks.
direction of wheel path at impact would give a good first approximation.

The more rear-ward the better, as the impact/force/ bump is comming from the front. more foreward axle path will tend to 'feel' more impact from these bumps.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this Lance Armstrong and the Olsen twin rumor. Would people please try to friggin focus.
If you are looking for investigative journalism Access Hollywood or Entertaiment Tonight is you best source for the above question.

I am pretty sure he only did one twin as he only has one ball. Not enough to share to make both of them happy.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
WOW! You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?
:lighten:Glad I'm not the only one who is crying with laughter over that post. It gets my vote for "THU SUK oF tHe YEEHR!" award.

CBJ said:
I am pretty sure he only did one twin as he only has one ball. Not enough to share to make both of them happy.
Has your company put in a bid for his glow in the dark tadpoles yet? If so, what's the bidding up to now? :think:

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or

WORD
Now if Giant was going to produce the next "dw" bike. Why would DW himself scoff at Giant and the new Glory. He even said the new glory is a clear rip off of the sunday. Doesnt sound like a proud parent to me. And DW has never really been one to come on forums and tell lies to his future and present customers. So I highly doubt Giant will have an official "dw linked" bike. Just a rip off of one.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Now if Giant was going to produce the next "dw" bike. Why would DW himself scoff at Giant and the new Glory. He even said the new glory is a clear rip off of the sunday. Doesnt sound like a proud parent to me. And DW has never really been one to come on forums and tell lies to his future and present customers. So I highly doubt Giant will have an official "dw linked" bike. Just a rip off of one.
Wow, this thread has been all over the place much like Pamela Anderson. Can someone please combine the Giant Glory/DW thread and the Sam Hill thread without starting a new thread? It will become the longest thread in the history of RM by Interbike rolls around.....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
My prediction: DW will be riding Sam Hill next season. Expect (ugly) results to follow ;)

Cranx

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008

when you think about it though sam has been with the iron how long now?
Sam has been with IH since 2002. He has a contract which is now years old, signed well before his current status. I know for FACT he's not banking nearly as much as so many people assume he is.

In the past 2 years he's had offers from other sponsors but he has remained loyal to his contract. That ends October 2008 so his decision for 2009 is entirely up to him. As far as I'm concerned, I hope he does make a better finacial deal for himself.

Pebble

Monkey
Dec 6, 2006
Nannup
And from what I've heard, Sam wouldn't ride just any bike either, he's a great racer, and at that level you really have to be able to trust your equipment! I doubt he would have ridden Iron Horse for so long if he didn't like their bikes. He probably wouldn't be wearing Monster logos if he didn't actually like drinking the stuff etc etc. Everyone needs money but not everyone lives for money - you know the saying "earn to live" or "live to earn". Some people are just lucky that they can earn enough to live doing what they love - I reckon Sam is one of those people. Kind of like a farmer - they don't earn a fortune and rather do it for the life style.

But yeah certainly sounds like Sam is well overdue for a pay rise!

So whatever bike he chooses won't be solely on the basis of who can give him the best amount of cash. I reckon he would be going for the best all round deal, that could mean a company where he can help with bike development, or it could be one that already has a great ride that he'd be happy with.

I hope whatever he decides on will be a nice step forward for him.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
My buddy works at Specialized as a lab technician and said Sam Hill cruised through the lab about a month ago while taking a tour. They offered him a Demo 8 for 2009 while they completely redesign a new downhill bike for him for 2010. Not sure if he accepted or is even interested so take it with a grain of salt.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My buddy works at Specialized as a lab technician and said Sam Hill cruised through the lab about a month ago while taking a tour. They offered him a Demo 8 for 2009 while they completely redesign a new downhill bike for him for 2010. Not sure if he accepted or is even interested so take it with a grain of salt.
I've heard the same thing.

I've also heard that his bike for 2010 will be nothing like any of the Demo 7, 8, or 9 bikes.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
They shut that sucker down for the winter. Hill & Hadron back on line in the Spring. COINCIDENCE?

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
threads like this make me think that Sam Hill is like the Chuck Norris of mountain bikes... :brows::brows::brows::brows:

They made Sam Hill toilet paper, but it wouldnt take sh1t from anybody... XD

juslookin

Chimp
Feb 8, 2004
Over here
Some friends of mine say they spotted Sam throwing a leg over a couple different bikes (non-Specialized/non-Iron Horse) within the past 2 weeks down in So Cal...interesting.

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
not everyone is lucky enough to ride for Commencal hahaha sam in so cal? man he should come ride tunnel..no better place to test a bike then that(or beat the crap out of haha)