Quantcast

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've always been a Spec guy since my first P3. If it's true, good for them! Now their bikes will get even more expensive. :(

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I am going to call this BS right now. It could be leaked info that is true but something is telling me that it is a whole lot of BS

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
In related news, millions of Sam Hill fanboys are now calling Demo 8's race bkes for the first time.

syc7090

Chimp
Jan 21, 2008
In related news, millions of Sam Hill fanboys are now calling Demo 8's race bkes for the first time.
hahaha, so true. on a related note, demo8's are perfectly capable race bikes imo.

i wonder if specialized will now develop a dh bike (if indeed this news is true)...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
hahaha, so true. on a related note, demo8's are perfectly capable race bikes imo.

i wonder if specialized will now develop a dh bike (if indeed this news is true)...
The Demo 8 is a very capable dh sled for sure.

To be honest, I don't really care what Hill rides next year..I will still cheer for him the same (and plan to keep my Sunday until it snaps) :)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

Its already happening!! :rofl::rofl:

"The Demo 8 is a very capable dh sled for sure.

To be honest, I don't really care what Hill rides next year..I will still cheer for him the same (and plan to keep my Sunday until it snaps)"

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Its already happening!! :rofl::rofl:
I wouldn't refer to myself as a sam hill fanboy. I don't sit in a corner and cry when he gets beat because of his inability to ride consistently. My point was simply that (as stated a couple posts above) it does not matter what riders ride at this level and I still plan to root for him despite riding a specialized.

I have always (well since they were being pumped out like shoes from a nike sweatshop) said the demo8 is a capable dh sled...this is nothing new. Sam Hill, baby jesus, ghandi, the local garbage collector...does not matter who rides a specialized as I will never own one.

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I will never own a specialized, Sam Hill creeps me out cuz his mouth does not move when he talks and his eyebrows look like caterpillars and Chris Kovarik is my hero.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
at that level, it aint about the bike. he wont ride an OEM sled anyway. I think Specialized knows what they are doing.
Bingo. A few things...

- Sam used to race a bike that was an FSR linkage; the IH SGS, prior to the DW. I wouldn't foresee this being an issue.

- Specialized has the kind of resources and commitment to not only attract, but also fully support a rider like Hill. From what I've heard, Hill takes home a pretty nice paycheck. Specialized is most definitely the size of a company that can afford to write it.

-Lately, Specialized has been increasingly supportive of freeriding, from offering more bikes in this category, to sponsoring more riders, and sponsoring videos. Getting back into the race scene at this point is only a natural progression (and I'm honestly surprised they haven't picked up a big name WC racer sooner).

Granted this bit of info has yet to be confirmed, but personally, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it were true.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
A friend of mine works as an engineer for Specialized, and he told me Sam Hill was in Morgan Hill to visit Specialized a few weeks ago regarding potential sponsorship for 2009. As far as my friend knows, however, nothing has been finalized yet.

As far as the bike is concerned, Sam would ride a fully-custom Demo 8 for the 2009 season, and then for 2010 Specialized would provide him with a completely new DH platform based on his input. This is all hypothetical though.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Lets look at a few things;

Sam's name starts with a S and so does Specialized...Hmmm...

Specialized is in Morgan Hill and Sam Hill's last name is Hill...

The rumor must be true these facts are to big to ignore.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Whoa? The Demo 8 isn't made for racing? And to think I was just hucking all that time!!! :banghead:
Freakin classic isn't it? I love folks who don't pay attention to the geometry and ride qualities and just focus of who's paid to ride it on the circuit :disgust1:

But this also means Spec. just made a wise investment in Sam.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You know, I dont care who Sam Hill Rides for, I dont care if he retires now, ALl I care is that the sport continues on. But, it would be interesting, comical, entertaining ETC...... If Sam Hill ended up riding for Giant!!!!

<can I stop Ducking now>

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
May be some of the older guys who have been in the scene forever can chime in and tell me I am wrong (Stik) but I remember 4 or 5 yrs ago the talk on the forums was how Specialized and Trek were dropping their race programs because racing was lame and dying and freeride was where it was at. Now that racers like Sam Hill, the Amazing Syndicate team, the Athertons, the Saga of the which American will once again podium at WC's, and Freecaster are making the racing scene impossible to ignore, and so exciting to follow they have decided to jump back on the bandwagon. I Just feel that they are spineless whores and should taken out back slapped around a bit is all, cause it's better to have them then not.

ape

Chimp
Jan 15, 2007
Do i hear the sound of nylon pant legs rustling together as Sam Hill-ites rush to their nearest S dealer?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
May be some of the older guys who have been in the scene forever can chime in and tell me I am wrong (Stik) but I remember 4 or 5 yrs ago the talk on the forums was how Specialized and Trek were dropping their race programs because racing was lame and dying and freeride was where it was at. Now that racers like Sam Hill, the Amazing Syndicate team, the Athertons, the Saga of the which American will once again podium at WC's, and Freecaster are making the racing scene impossible to ignore, and so exciting to follow they have decided to jump back on the bandwagon. I Just feel that they are spineless whores and should taken out back slapped around a bit is all, cause it's better to have them then not.
Specialized is a sponsor of the Freecaster UCI live feeds. I have wondered if Specialized was the financial backer allowing Freecaster to make a deal with WCSN to broadcast in the US.