Quantcast

Sam Hill's bike at Fort William ... after a crash

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
For the fanboyz....

http://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Sam-Hill-Crash-at-Fort-William,3957?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+VitalMtbSpotlights+(Vital+MTB+Spotlights)

More info:

Sam Hill had a massive crash during official timed practise today at Fort William.

The latest news is that he has been to the local hospital for xrays to his shoulder.

Team mate Brendan Fairclough said “Sam doesn’t normally moan about injuries but he was looking pretty bad”

Healing vibes out to Hill and hope he’s back in the saddle for Sundays final.

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/sam-hill-fort-william-smash.html

Attachments

Last edited:

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
yeah. pretty sick stack. even the rear tire has a perma dent in it. jeepers. I really hope Sam is oritey. will suck to have him out of the WC.

but what's going on? He has crashed in just about every race todate. Has he become more intimate with his mortality? Is he distracted (he sure seems distracted)?
Just hope the guy finds his mojo again.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
He is such a Pre-Madonna that he cant carry his own bike down the hill. What is this world coming to.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
You're kidding right? These are professionals not weekend hacks... oh yeah, and he's f*cking injured.
Not all computer monitors are compatible w/the RM sarcasm feature. I would encourage you to upgrade monitors immediately. ;)

Best of luck to Sam, I hope he heals up quick enough to return for the race. It won't be as interesting w/out him.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
That bike looks like a car ran over it! I'm sure the swoopy tubes aren't helping with that.
Get well soon Sam!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
:popcorn:
:nopity:

that welded carbon sure holds up nicely.
You point out not seing sarcasm and in the same post miss it. Good job ;)

As for the people who see that the whole bike is destroyed. Where do you see it? Unless the frame is cracked somewhere its ok - looks intact. Its just how it is (think of the flatline factor). The only thing that is damaged that I can spot from the photos are the wheels. It may be worse but its hard to see. Nevertheless the crash must have been massive and I hope Sam is Ok.

Last edited:

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
From Pinkbike:

Troy Brosnan is going to have to step it up a notch for the Monster Specialized team with Sam Hill potentially a scratch start after his HARD crash near the sheep gate during a timed training run this afternoon at Fort William. Sam's bike was pretty much destroyed in the crash; the fork lowers were replaced as were both wheels. Mum's the word as to damage to the frame. Ditto for Sam's ability to start tomorrow for qualies. Hopefully Hill can make the start; as a top 20 "protected" rider, a simple cruise down the track will be enough to get him in the finals.

Last edited:

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Wonder if he'll get warranty? After all its a clear case of JRA and its not like he painted the frame.:rolleyes:

Seriously tho...when these boys hit something the make sure its hit good an proper, really hope hes up for the race this weekend!