Quantcast

Sam Hill's Injury

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I first want to preface this by saying that I don't want to take anything away from Sam. The kid is young, naturally gifted and knows how to win races. But I'll say this, if Sam had the focus, drive and determination that Fabien has, he would be more than just an "Alien" ;)
you should have prefaced it by saying you are completely clueless...

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
I will postface this by saying you are gormless
The inverse of preface is postscript not postface. On a lighter note, I have just learned that Sam Hill lacks focus and determination but makes up for this shotfall with HGH! Rock-on internet!

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
The inverse of preface is postscript not postface. On a lighter note, I have just learned that Sam Hill lacks focus and determination but makes up for this shotfall with HGH! Rock-on internet!
This is the enternet, there is no right or incorrect way to say things. I think with HGH, Sam's shot might fall.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
damn some of you dudes are rad! i swear when i grow up i wanna be just like you!

FYI vitalmtb summed it up thank you.

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Wow looks like a lot of people here don;t want Sam to do well:shocked:

FYI Sam raced in Oz the weekend of Sea Otter.
Yep not only that he had the best qualifying time by a long way!

He stacked it in the last corner like Worlds in 08, FWIW imo deliberately so he didn't have to be stuck wearing that gawd dam ulgy Aussie Nat champs jersey, stupid rule!

If anything Sams bagging I said it here first LOL.

Hes quoted as saying in an Interview he was bummed about crashing out still came 5th, yeah RIGHT SAMMY :rofl:

And then went on to say he was aiming for a Perfect season, to win every World Cup race final and the World Champs in one year

Never been done before, even Nico never had a perfect season!!

Take into account that the tracks this year are right up his alley, more tech less power and pedaling I think hes very confident.

In the above interview he said hes looking forward to Champery, while most will be pooing there pants :D

Saying all that GO SAM Blinky, time for the Kiwi's to get on up over the Aussies, either way a Sam is going to be hawt this year :thumb:

Ps Go Peaty as well, gotta support the old school dam legend!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Wow looks like a lot of people here don;t want Sam to do well:shocked:

Yep not only that he had the best qualifying time by a long way!

He stacked it in the last corner like Worlds in 08, FWIW imo deliberately so he didn't have to be stuck wearing that gawd dam ulgy Aussie Nat champs jersey, stupid rule!

If anything Sams bagging I said it here first LOL.

Hes quoted as saying in an Interview he was bummed about crashing out still came 5th, yeah RIGHT SAMMY :rofl:

And then went on to say he was aiming for a Perfect season, to win every World Cup race final and the World Champs in one year

Take into account that the tracks this year are right up his alley, more tech less power and pedaling I think hes very confident.

In the above interview he said hes looking forward to Champery, while most will be pooing there pants :D

Saying all that GO SAM Blinky, time for the Kiwi's to get on up over the Aussies, either way a Sam is going to be hawt this year :thumb:

Ps Go Peaty as well, gotta support the old school dam legend!
The race you are referring to was Australia National Champs back in January before he got hurt. But more recently he did do a smaller, local race the same weekend as Sea Otter

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
tuumbaq: hits causing pain? nothing pain killers cant fix. Also, these guys can afford those super fancy, but very capable knee braces that provides the anatomically near-perfect fit that facilitates max movement but the correct bracing. Fabien is a perfect example of it. I bet he was on painkillers to dull the shocks.

All Im saying is between the 2 types of tracks, a smooth low graded track is going to be a lot easier on his knee...

Pain killers are only good for so long . . . Plus they dont compensate for the lack of strength in articulations either.

Now seeing that Sam's already back to racing again, I'd say this whole thread shouldnt even exist and Sam will probably smoke the rest of the field at the first round as usual

Im no doctor, Im broken my leg once and was out for a while but more recently a buddy of mine had a similar injury. According to his doctor he would never ride again, would most likely limp for the rest of his life and might actually end up asking for amputation in the next months to comes ( too much pain ) ... 3 months later he was back on his bike but like most of us mortal souls, even 9 months after the accident, a rough track is still hard on his knee and he's slowly getting his full strength back in his leg...He's no pro therefore he doesnt really use pain killer but the facts remain the same : rough track = harder on the articulation.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

I don't think Nico ever raced a season where there were only 6 races?

And I am pretty sure ACC had a perfect season.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I think Sam is a phenomenal rider but as another clueless internetz user said, Fabien is going to be mega this year.

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
I don't think Nico ever raced a season where there were only 6 races?

And I am pretty sure AC had a perfect season.
Ah that is so true, def not comparing Nico to Sam, just saying its not been done, you maybe right about AC, would have to look that up, though she had tough comp too, certain Missy Missile was no slouch, maybe in later years before her RT she may have done it u have me there:thumb:

Did not know that about Aussie champs either, still think he's bagging and will come out swinging :thumb:

Not to say others won't be up for it either its going to be a hell of a top year either way.

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
There's this dirty little secret in hollywood and professional sports, it's called HGH and anabolic steroids.
True, but look at MOST athletes, they are out for almost a full year. I was riding XC a month in a half after surgery and DH @ 6 months, but still was not 100% at that point. At 4-8 months it is still very easy to undo what was done.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
way to make baseless accusations... worst post in this forum for sure
Tiger Woods and other's have used small amounts HGH to recover from surgery. It can be injected into the area to greatly accelerate the healing, there is some sort of technology to modify the HGH. They travel to Canada to have it done.....where it is legal....