Quantcast

Sam Hill's Stalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Who's is a contraction of who is or, less commonly, who has.

Who's watching TV?
Do you know who's going to speak?
Who's ready to go?

Whose is the possessive of who or, somewhat controversially, which.

Whose book is this?
Whose side are you on?
An idea whose time has come.

The trouble here is due to the apostrophe, which on 99% of English words indicates possession, but on this one simply indicates a contraction. If you can replace the word with who is or who has, use who's. If not, use whose.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Who's watching TV?
Who's ready to go?

Whose book is this?
Whose side are you on?

The trouble here is due to the apostrophe, which on 99% of English words indicates possession, but on this one simply indicates a contraction. If you can replace the word with who is or who has, use who's. If not, use whose.
whose sam hill? or who is (who's) sam hill.

who really cares whose he is

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
i'm surprised shawn hasn't contributed to this one yet. that kid was a disaster. i know i'm like 3 days late here but i worked the open and that kid single handedly creeped the sh*t out of everyone there. stalking sam was only the half of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
leave sam alone.... u lot wish u were as quick... but all u sad bi&^%es got to do is "make" noise... bitche&s
tell that to the person who took all the pictures :rofl:

i'm surprised shawn hasn't contributed to this one yet. that kid was a disaster. i know i'm like 3 days late here but i worked the open and that kid single handedly creeped the sh*t out of everyone there. stalking sam was only the half of it.
what was the other half? was he running into the bathroom after Sam used it in order to catch a whiff??

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
tell that to the person who took all the pictures :rofl:

what was the other half? was he running into the bathroom after Sam used it in order to catch a whiff??
we worked late the first few nights to finished up the DS course, set up marketing material and that sort of thing and every time i would turn around to do anything he was lingering there constantly getting in everyone's way asking all kinds of questions etc... i don't remember details but he kept saying Sam Hill this...or Sam Hill that etc... His mom would drop him off in the morning and then pick him up late at night. I'm honestly surprised Jacy (i think that's sam's mechanic?) didn't kick his ass a few times. Jack and Doug prob have some stories of there own.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
we worked late the first few nights to finished up the DS course, set up marketing material and that sort of thing and every time i would turn around to do anything he was lingering there constantly getting in everyone's way asking all kinds of questions etc... i don't remember details but he kept saying Sam Hill this...or Sam Hill that etc... His mom would drop him off in the morning and then pick him up late at night. I'm honestly surprised Jacy (i think that's sam's mechanic?) didn't kick his ass a few times. Jack and Doug prob have some stories of there own.
"There" indicates a place as in, "I live here not there." It is the opposite of "here." "Their" is the possessive of "they", as in "They live there but is isn't their house." Here you want to indicate that the house belongs to them. "They're" is a contraction of "they are", so that to say, "They're over there in their new house" means "They are over at that place in the new house that belongs to them."

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"There" indicates a place as in, "I live here not there." It is the opposite of "here." "Their" is the possessive of "they", as in "They live there but is isn't their house." Here you want to indicate that the house belongs to them. "They're" is a contraction of "they are", so that to say, "They're over there in their new house" means "They are over at that place in the new house that belongs to them."

:D

Look here Grammar Kiwi, go back to your Mac parade. :biggrin:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
This sounds more like the one and only Evan Altfest. I think the kid who took these pictures is named Devin. Was the kid you speak of the biggest goon you ever did see?

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
This sounds more like the one and only Evan Altfest. I think the kid who took these pictures is named Devin. Was the kid you speak of the biggest goon you ever did see?
that's affirmative. the word sloth comes to mind.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)

Who's watching TV?
Who's ready to go?

Whose book is this?
Whose side are you on?

You are the one whose grammar is always correct. :) i just wanted to use whose.

But seriously, did you major in English? You always have these grammar explaining and/or correcting posts.
:cheers:

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
You are the one whose grammar is always correct. :) i just wanted to use whose.

But seriously, did you major in English? You always have these grammar explaining and/or correcting posts.
:cheers:
damos the only peoples from kiwi land whos duz the gud englesh:biggrin:

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I got the smarts, me.

Not book smarts, or street smarts, or brain smarts, but... something....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
no no no....Evan stalked Tribus at platty and called him a fag for not 360ing the Maxxis drop.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
SO who is this Devin kid? Anyone have a picture. I just read this entire thread & looked at his Pinkbike USOPEN pictures...whata' nut. I thought at first you were all talking about PSP with his camera but I think this Devin kid went more photo crazy then anyone!:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.