Quantcast

samapoolza

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
Maybe there should be a party world championship to decide if he's worthy...

Seriously guys, who cares how he parties, watch his val di sole run if you want some real entertainment. 2X world champion + absolute pinner is enough to get my respect!
:thumb:

I am not sure if it is an Aussie / Kiwi thing ( apparently we have a unique sense of humour ) but Sam was pretty funny on "The Tipping Point", it showed some of his everyday character and not just his "Race Face" :)

Sam's a PinGnar with a capital GNAR :weee:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Anyone who has partied with Sam knows he can more than carry his own weight in that category. I still clearly remember _dw, Sabo, & I chasing him around the streets of Livigno in '05. Blast of a night! Absolute legend!

As for IH vs Specialized, well you're talking about a company that is quite literally 10-15X bigger than the other in terms of sales and staff. For years the product, marketing, and race support/sports marketing side of IH consisted of three people; me, myself, & I. Specialized probably has more three people just to send out twitter updates. Vids like this were discussed while he was at IH but there just wasn't staff, funding, or hours in the day to pull it all off. Everything is relative to scale.

-ska todd

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
The Entree, kind of a "warm-up" to the movie that will be filmed this season (if Sam's knee gets to 100%) has just been released. Looking forward to watching a movie about one of our sports most enigmatic characters over the last few years!

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
The Entree, kind of a "warm-up" to the movie that will be filmed this season (if Sam's knee gets to 100%) has just been released. Looking forward to watching a movie about one of our sports most enigmatic characters over the last few years!

I saw this info some days ago, on BPF website.

The Entree is on VAS Entertainment website, mountain bike section.

Akula.....about that new movie will be filmed this 2010 season.

Is it a documentary of Hill about his 2010 WC season?

Will be filmed by Black Phoenix Films?

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
It's been out in Aus for a while now. I found it interesting and entertaining. There's some good race / practice footage in there too. I never realised how steep the rooty forest section at Schladming was. The more I see of Bromont , the more I want to ride it. Looks like a freakin gnarly track.

If you don't like Sam , I wouldn't bother buying it. If you're like me , not a fanboy , buy not anti Sam , it's an interesting view of what WC racers lives must be like through the season. If you're a fanboy , you should have purchased / ordered already.

Sampalooza was pretty loose from the 10 minutes shown at the end. If the next film focusses on that alone , I don't think I'll bother to buy it. Looks like fun , but not for a whole 90 minutes or whatever.

7.5/10