Quantcast

>.< Same ol Middleshit GMT>.<

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, Joe Sixpack! One hour ass kicker on the bike trainer done. I've got meetings for the next two hours and I am more than happy to just sit here with my coffee.

Wife and I went XC skiing yesterday afternoon. Only my third time going but I am getting the hang of it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode before work again in fresh 3-4" of powder on top of previous snow. Was a workout.
Also, 92% humidity sucks in winter, too.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Chillin out before getting serious about meetings. Kicked my own ass with some weights and rowing this morning. That's all I got....actually, it keeps snowing here, so maybe I'll be able to take my kids skiing this year...oh wait, corona...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Alive.
So, another week of lockdown, so another week of living in a reno zone.
Wall between kitchen and living room is gone, support beam is up. Cabinets are built, just waiting on finishing. Now as soon as I get the word, the real fun starts. Ripping out the kitchen cabinets and kitchen and living room floors. From what I can see, the kitchen laminate has been laid on top of the previous vinyl floor. That could be a real shit show, hopefully no mold between the two. God knows what the glue holding the vinyl would be like. If the vinyl floor is still there, I'm thinking I may have to call @rideit for some professional help with residue removal. Then it is plumbing and electrical, new floors, cabinet and island installation.

Then beer, lots and lots of beer.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Road trip to Grand Junction yesterday. Was easy enough fix but what a miserable drive last night. In bed 10 minutes before my alarm usually goes off. I'm too god damned old for that shit anymore. Going to be a long day, but at least I got it off. Thank you DOT labor laws?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Fucking hell busy day. One of the guys on our internal team's mom died yesterday. We've been in the middle of a bunch of shit with this plan, which is our most demanding, so everything just got thrown into the air with nobody to catch it. VP is getting involved to try and get ahead of things before they land poorly. And I'm having lunch with the director of the group I'll probably be interviewing with soon... Oh boy.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Good morning indeed. Hadn't checked my Schwab account since the GME shenanigans blew it up, it appears that all my weed stonks have gone "to the moon", thanks ShedMonkey.com! Question is, liquidate now and buy some dumb shit, or hold a bit longer and maybe buy a lot of dumb shit?

Still trying to determine the LD50 of coffee though, slept in 'til 4:00 today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Here.

Another day, another multi-hour day repairing merge harness on a Sierra V8 swap.

Just don't, cough up the dough and buy a V8 truck if your buying a truck......
But, why? It can't possibly be cheaper to V8 swap can it? Unless you are putting in a fresh, built V8 and all...

i know there's a few people here with altai hoks or similar....... educate me.
Whatcha wanna know? I personally think they are fun as hell. Have the floatation of a snowshoe without the awkward gait. Fun on the downs and you can actually turn once you get the hang of it. Universal binding means no fancy, activity specific shoe. Jolly good fun for tramping around in the snow.

At your size, the 140cm length would probably be the more appropriate of the two.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good morning indeed. Hadn't checked my Schwab account since the GME shenanigans blew it up, it appears that all my weed stonks have gone "to the moon", thanks ShedMonkey.com! Question is, liquidate now and buy some dumb shit, or hold a bit longer and maybe buy a lot of dumb shit?

Still trying to determine the LD50 of coffee though, slept in 'til 4:00 today.
Always take your basis once you've hit your "this was the amount I was hoping to make" threshold and play house money. That way you never lose principle and start playing house money.

Bulls make money. Bears make money. Pigs get slaughtered.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But, why? It can't possibly be cheaper to V8 swap can it? Unless you are putting in a fresh, built V8 and all...

Whatcha wanna know? I personally think they are fun as hell. Have the floatation of a snowshoe without the awkward gait. Fun on the downs and you can actually turn once you get the hang of it. Universal binding means no fancy, activity specific shoe. Jolly good fun for tramping around in the snow.

At your size, the 140cm length would probably be the more appropriate of the two.
yea length was one of my main questions. pretty flat / mildly rolling around here so could be potential fun. the hoks have a metal edge, correct? i saw black diamond has a version, but for some reason didn't put a metal edge on it, although the bindings look a little nicer.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
yea length was one of my main questions. pretty flat / mildly rolling around here so could be potential fun. the hoks have a metal edge, correct? i saw black diamond has a version, but for some reason didn't put a metal edge on it, although the bindings look a little nicer.
The bindings are fine on the Hoks, as are the skins. They are very good at what they were built for - bushwhacking in untracked snow, and while they'll slide a bit, they don't feel like real skis much - the foot position is too centered which results in bad turning control. Other than that, 100x the fun of snow shoeing.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I suck at xc skiing, but don't see why Hoks are preferable to traditional xc skis (outside the need for xc ski boots to match bindings)

My 20 year old Backcountry "style" (i.e slightly wider with 3/4 length metal edges, and fish scales under foot for uphill plodding) work just fine...

Unless you're really in the trees it's all about the slide and I have to assume xc > Hoks in that regard....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I suck at xc skiing, but don't see why Hoks are preferable to traditional xc skis (outside the need for xc ski boots to match bindings)

My 20 year old Backcountry "style" (i.e slightly wider with 3/4 length metal edges, and fish scales under foot for uphill plodding) work just fine...

Unless you're really in the trees it's all about the slide and I have to assume xc > Hoks in that regard....
I never found fish scales to work that well for climbing. At least, not compared to the skins that are on the Altais. Also, the Altais are significantly shorter than a lot of backcountry style XC skis. That was the case with the Rossignols I had before this (BC 70s), which were longer, skinnier, and significantly harder to control.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Great. Now I'm hungry for ahi and scallops. :disgust:

I, too, will be skiing tomorrow, with my lovely bride. It will be the 1st day of the season for both of us. :(
The ahi & scallops from Edwards are amazing. I eat that tuna raw often, like $18/lb is a steal for that quality.

And yes, we've devolved into talking food AGAIN. sorrynotsorry.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

as very as i can tell skis like hoks work in a wider variety of snow conditions than traditional xc skis.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Always take your basis once you've hit your "this was the amount I was hoping to make" threshold and play house money. That way you never lose principle and start playing house money.

Bulls make money. Bears make money. Pigs get slaughtered.

Sold enough to cover my initial investment in each, plus a reasonable profit, now we wait and see if I'm getting a new rear shock, or a boat.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The ahi & scallops from Edwards are amazing. I eat that tuna raw often, like $18/lb is a steal for that quality.

And yes, we've devolved into talking food AGAIN. sorrynotsorry.

I had tacos for breakfast.

I am going to have tacos for lunch.