Quantcast

Same old same old at the Kingdom

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
just wanted to say thanks to all the monkeys (and non-monkeys) who were there for the weekend: some seriously sweet riding and great people. i will definitely be going back up there if i stay around the east coast!

on a seperate note, the bike worked out awesome...it was the rider that crapped the bed. soon, there will be dirt on that bike...i swear.

thanks again guys...and IAB, that pic of Dave and me; i look like i've just been punched in the balls

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
mmmm. pics! :)
Mmmm Indeed.

Seriously I have three things to say about this weekend...Great trails, great weather and excellent company. Treesaw, thanks for allowing us to join in the horseplay and tomfollery that is Monkeyfest and thanks for setting everything up including the excellent cuisine. Thanks to the regulars for making us feel welcome and for being friendly. I was looking for a couple of words to sum up the weekend and all I could come up with was "F#@% YEAH!".

Thanks again...I'll post the pictures and videos shortly.

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
Getting ready to ride

Just a few last minute adjustments

View from the upper parking lot

More monkeys join the group

Stretching is a good idea but I am not exactly sure what Gary is doing

Last minute gear check...Andrew seems to be missing lube

I know what Phil is thinking about...flowy singletrack and beer

Nice view

More views from our balcony

Davis crossing a bridge on "Worth It"

Me pulling a wheelie off the end of the bridge on "Worth It"

Soft and loamy singletrack...mmmmm

Sugar shack and Fall foliage

I wish I had an office with a view like this

Davis at the top of "Kitchel"

I could sit down and listen to this all day, man was this peaceful

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Awesome pics, one of these days I'll get there...

Way cool that you ran into Jeff from Milford Bikes - if Splat's FSR didn't make the trip, did anyone notice if my RFX did?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Looks like you guys had some great riding. Becky and I wanted to say thanks again for letting us join you all at dinner, we had a great time and she enjoyed meeting you all. I thought it was nice to see the regulars and some fresh faces as well.

dave_os

Chimp
Oct 1, 2007
London, UK
dave had had a few, but i don't think he was getting belligerant
What, a sampler and 2 pints? That's only 5 pints ... or to put it another way: 2.5 pints for my Aussie half, and 2.5 pints for my British half.
Hardly anything.
*NOW* I'm getting belligerant! ;-)

dave_os

Chimp
Oct 1, 2007
London, UK
Thanks to all the RideMonkey's for making it an awsome weekend.
TreeSaw - special big thanks to you for organising, cooking the best pancakes and bacon IN THE WORLD, and saving my bacon by letting me use your phone!
MBC - thanks for making the best dip IN THE WORLD.

You can see all my pics here. Group shots, random scenery and a couple of pics of individuals.

FY!!

Dave_os

TreeSaw - special big thanks to you for organising, cooking the best pancakes and bacon IN THE WORLD, and saving my bacon by letting me use your phone!

You can see all my pics here. Group shots, random scenery and a couple of pics of individuals.

FY!!

Dave_os
nice pics! I love the one of the Condo - "38" LMAO!

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Isa, Jerome , me and a couple of others were at the kingdom on Sunday. We miss the monkey ride but we met up with Treesaw and Earl in the parking lot after for ..... guess what........ BEER!!!!

Sorry we missed the others, MBC, thanks a lot for the shirt, Isa loves it!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

FY!!

Dave_os
Absolutely! It was great meeting you & riding (well, trying my hardest to keep up) with you. Hopefully we can all do it again!

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
What, a sampler and 2 pints? That's only 5 pints ... or to put it another way: 2.5 pints for my Aussie half, and 2.5 pints for my British half.
Hardly anything.
*NOW* I'm getting belligerant! ;-)

sorry dave, i tend to forget about my low alcohol tolerance (comparatively) and my various experiences of trying to keep up with aussie's on a friday night. great pics by the way.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Rain. I have reservations at the Village Inn on Friday so they better dry off quickly! :(
I received an e-mail that the trails are closed for the weekend!

From the e-mail: ALL TRAILS CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND OF OCTOBER 13TH

With the recent poor weather and the forecast for this weekend calling for more rain and possibly snow, we are closing the trails for the weekend. We hope to open the trails later if the weather cooperates.