Quantcast

Same Socks Club

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Members of the Same Socks Club :crazy: decided to take a mental health day from work yesterday. We once again made the trip to PA, not for the legal fireworks, but for the rock. Uh, I mean rocks?.rocky trails.

Every time I ride Merli, I like it a bit more. Trails work you pretty hard. Rocky, but a different rocky than Prompton. Even some nice rocks in the parking lots.

Here?s a couple of the JRA pics that show some of the trail characteristics well.

Slidin? thru Squeezeplay.

Bill and I tried a nice little squeezed rock line. Here?s the
making it look much easier than it is.

Bill doing his Grizzly Bear impersonation.

Nice little rock jump in the trail.

Scott going down?Scott going up.

Me climbing a nice steep one on My Brothers trail.

Doing the two-step?.drop.

Suddenly I was feeling a bit slow, maybe even weighed down? Stopped at the lake and found my problem. A rather large hitchhiker.

Bill with a cool step-up on a rock ledge.

The porcupine trail near the end of our 15 mile loop is a lot of fun. Your left side is pressed up against a nice rock face, your right side is a major long and steep fall. Gotta love the exposure!

Great ride and lots of fun! A few more pics in my photo gallery, and a few more in Bills?s photo gallery

ArmOnFire

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Exeter, NH
Nice Nate!

Is that a new bike?

I'm in Ithaca this week, but couldn't bring the bike (read as: traveling with the boss).

Later
-Dan (AOF)

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Nice Nate!

Is that a new bike?

I'm in Ithaca this week, but couldn't bring the bike (read as: traveling with the boss).

Later
-Dan (AOF)
Merli is one of those places I wanted to show you...it's about an hour drive from Whitney Point/I-81. Super fun techy trails.

Yep, picked up an '07 Chumba XCL. Lovin' it so far - little extra travel than the old Dakar, super beefy frame. And of course it looks pretty. :brows:

Bummer I won't catch you this week...you know where to find me if you're looking for a ride in the area though.