Quantcast

Sammamish Skate Park

Garrett 0 P

Monkey
Sep 10, 2006
sammamish
rumor has it that this new skate park is prohiboting bikes. this word is straight out of a police officers mouth.

this is unfair. i am pissed.

anyone know a way i can approach this and possible make it legit for bikers to ride there?

or should i just go with the "**** you, arrest me" tactic?

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Some of the parks don't allow bikes. So be it. Mess'n with the po po ain't a smart idea take it from someone who knows. Besides being a rebel without a clue doesn't help the bikes get in the parks any sooner.

Garrett 0 P

Monkey
Sep 10, 2006
sammamish
yea like im actually going to say that to a cop. im not an idiot.

but im gonna ride my bike in there during school.

skip 4th per and ride through lunch. nobody there but me and a buddy.

yesss

and the park loooks sooo tight

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
We are trying to get a skatepark built up here and there are more skaters than bmxers giving their input. Most of the parks that the park commity has toured are skate only parks. The shop has donated swag for their raffles and give-aways. My wife actually got a lot of concrete and labor for building the forms and pouring donated already and it still won't suprise me if we have to contiue to go to Snhomish or Woodenville to ride.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
i was the one who actually talked to the police officer
she was really cool about it, but emphasized it was skateboard only

however, there are so many bikers in this area that it's going to get ridden anyways.

Garrett- I'm with you on cutting down a tree everyday they don't let bikes into the skatepark. Senseless and pointless vandalism is the best way to get points made.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Who built the park and does anyone have pictures of it? If they don't allow bikes now its just a matter of time. Redmond was originally no bikes, but not anymore. Keep riding there and be respectful to the police and explain why you aren't damaging the park (ie: "I don't have pegs, I'm not doing any tricks that damage the concrete and I'm not doing anything super tough so I wont crash and chip the concrete anyway. I'm just having fun, is that illegal???")