Quantcast

San Antonio trails????

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
I live in Arkansas and I will be attending a conference in San Antonio the week of August 19th thru the 22nd. I was wondering if there are any XC trails in this area that would make it worth my time to drive instead of flying so I can bring my bikes. Any info you can give me on the trails would be great, like terrain, how much climbing to expect, etc.... Ive never been to San Antonio so I have no idea on what to expect. Thanx :cool:

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
What do you want to ride??? And what do you ride? (bike/trails)

San Antonio has a good diversity of trails. From fast singletrack, to tight technical singletrack. Also within a hour of SA there is Flat Rock Ranch with 18 miles of sweet singletrack and some climbing.

I routinely ride 700 Acres which is about 10 minutes from the downtown convention center. This is tight technical singletrack. Hardtail country.

Drop me an email and I can get ya hooked up. Also check out the RasPa Board on BiKe MoJo.

TimothyL

Chimp
Jun 23, 2002
Houston,Texas
Bandera Texas about 50 min from SA. Located there is the Hill Country Natural Preserve which has MB trails for every level not to mention is one of the most scenic places in Texas.Awsome!
You can camp there and cool off in the creeks.There are some intense runs that are very rocky.
ANOTHER GOOD ONE:
On the Way- Take the Columbus exit off 1-10 and go toward LaGrange-i-71. Take Hwy 77 N to Warda.Turn right on Owl Creek Rd about 2 miles from Warda. 0.5 miles turn left into Bluff Creek Ranch.Follow the road to the barn.An advanced/expert ride takes you through the lost pines.Beautiful sights and a good workout.
My name is Tim and I live in Houston.If I am off when you come through call me 7135019082,7136801588 or e-mail timlincoln@aol.com. I will follow you and do a ride there or I will take you to HoChiMin trail at Memorial Park here in Htown.Have fun,ride hard and never regret it.

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
Thanks all for the riding info, sounds like your area has some good riding if I am willing to travel somewhat from SA. I am not real sure how much time I will have in the evenings, probably only be able to hit a couple of the trails closer to SA. I will post again when the time gets closer to try and maybe get in touch with some of you to see if anybody would be interested in showing me a couple of the trails. By the way I will also have my road bike with me too if there are going to be any group rides in the evenings I might be up for that. Heading to hotter n' hell when I leave SA, gonna do the 100 Saturday and the NORBA race on Sunday.