Quantcast

San Diegans I need some advice

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
The family is headed to San Diego for Labor Day and are looking for the best area to stay. It seems that the Mission Beach/Bay area is pretty centrally located but is that area okay? Also saw Solano (?) Beach, Del Mar and Imperial Beach. We rather not be in the car driving around BUT also want a nice area to be. We are probably going to rent a condo or house.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Mission Bay area is good you will be locate in the center of a lot of stuff sea world and Pacific beach ,solana beach is nice too it`s about an 45 minute drive from down town San Diego ...........

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
shocktower said:
Mission Bay area is good you will be locate in the center of a lot of stuff sea world and Pacific beach ,solana beach is nice too it`s about an 45 minute drive from down town San Diego ...........
Hey man, how's it going! I haven't seen you around here in a while!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
DRB said:
The family is headed to San Diego for Labor Day and are looking for the best area to stay. It seems that the Mission Beach/Bay area is pretty centrally located but is that area okay? Also saw Solano (?) Beach, Del Mar and Imperial Beach. We rather not be in the car driving around BUT also want a nice area to be. We are probably going to rent a condo or house.
You can rent a beachfront condo in the Mission Bay area for the ultimate in party atmosphere. If you want something upscale there's La Jolla. Del Mar and Solano Beach are smaller beach communities, have more of a small town feel, close to Scripps and the nude beach. Also downtown, the Gaslight District is close to Sea Port Village, Old Town and the San Diego Zoo/Balboa Park. The Mission Beach area although it has run down somewhat over the past years is the most centrally located to everything (Sea World, etc.). And be sure to listen to 91X while you are there.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Misson beach/Pacific beach is your best bet. It's close, near attractions, and easy to get to.

Solana and Delmar are 45-60 minutes away. IB is suboptimal.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to do. One of the best beach rentals in SD is owned by my in-laws. Cose to everything, on the beach, etc, etc. A bit pricy though...

http://thebestoceanbeachhouse.com/

Trainwreck said:
And be sure to listen to 91X while you are there.
And make sure it's a ressurection weekend!

J

JRB

My best friend took a job running a plant in Tiijuana(sp) and is moving to San Diego. I can't wait to visit so I can hang with Ciaran. I hope DRB isn't there when I am though. :D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Ciaran said:
Depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to do. One of the best beach rentals in SD is owned by my in-laws. Cose to everything, on the beach, etc, etc. A bit pricy though...

And make sure it's a ressurection weekend!
That would be perfect if it was just Emma and I. But with Willow as well we were looking for something a bit bigger. If you know of any others I be much obliged.

loco said:
I hope DRB isn't there when I am though.
Talk about a nightmare. :rofl:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Ciaran said:

That looks really nice, and the price is really rather reasonable, not all that out of line. A cabin in the mountains here in AZ can go for $600 a weekend.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
My best friend took a job running a plant in Tiijuana(sp) and is moving to San Diego. I can't wait to visit so I can hang with Ciaran. I hope DRB isn't there when I am though. :D
You better let me know when you're out here! :thumb:

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
You better let me know when you're out here! :thumb:
Dude - surely you don't think I would miss out on that. It will be a while, but it will happen.

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
for a general area to do the tourist thing and be centrally located, do mission bay or pacific beach.

be sure to hit up noble canyon and do some riding while you're out here. pm me if you need more info on riding spots.