Quantcast

San Diego area trails

Johnnyrodz

Chimp
Feb 28, 2006
Philadelphia
Can anyone tell me about some good riding spots in and around San Diego? I'l be in town March 3rd to 12th and staying in Lemon Grove. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
i need some info as well. my college does senior week down at mission beach in may so i'll be down there and looking to ride w/anybody who's around.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Isnt there snow at noble right now? I would want to shuttle that . . .

Johnny, whats on the hardtail? You should hit up the Elfin Forest recreational reserve, and Daley Ranch. Elfin is pretty steep and exposed, Daley is a bit more tame.

Everything around here is ridable on a hardtail, by the way.

Johnnyrodz

Chimp
Feb 28, 2006
Philadelphia
ok thanks bjanga, I will probably try to hit up Elfin Forest sometime this week. I was also looking at Mission trails. Anyone else is welcome to join in. The bike is basic, firex crank, avid brakes, deore, reba race fork.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Hey Johnny, I MIGHT be riding somewhere down in SD with a friend on Sunday, or perhaps early Monday too. We cannot fit more than two in our car though. It would be sweet to try and set up a group thing, but its all iffy at this point.

I have ridden Elfin a number of times on my old XC hardtail (riding a beefy HT now), and it is challenging. There is a good amount of climbing/descending, sharp switchbacks, and a lot of rocks but you should be just fine on your bike - and bring a powerbar.

I have ridden Mission Trails once but the ride got cut short, I was not too impressed with the trail but I know I didnt ride all the trails there.

Johnnyrodz

Chimp
Feb 28, 2006
Philadelphia
Yeah that would be cool to get a ride going. I don't have a car but I may be able to get a ride. I definately want to check out Elfin so let me know if you go and i'l try to get there.

Mission is within riding distance so that is easier.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
If we did Elfin it would likely be between noon and 3 pm. I will know later tonite (by 2am PST) if I will be going to SD or not. Are you riding alone, or did someone come down with you?