Quantcast

San Diego bike rentals?

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
I'm flying in to San Diego tomorrow and staying for 10 days.

It's a family vacation thing so I can't ride every day, but I wanted to ride at least twice.

So...I'm looking for someplace to rent a bike from. I'd like to rent a nice 4"+ travel xc bike.

The one place I talked to would rent me an Ellsworth Truth for $75/day. That seemed a little steep to me.

Any suggestions?

BTW...I'm planning to head to Noble Canyon either Monday or Tuesday. I'll be riding alone unless somebody wants to meet up.

Thanks.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
$50 a day for a 4" plus travel Nicolai MPire with Evolver DH air, new sticky tires and Travis fork. Skinsuit size medium is extra. Owner is currently gimped to ride it.

lovebunny may rent you his bike for $10 a day but it will probably cost you $30 to get the shifting to work and about $20 for optimal brake performance and probably another $40 to get someone to look at the leaking fork on top of the $3.35/gal cost of fuel going to different shops in getting his bike primed.

Try mountainbikewarehouse.com
I thought they have a fleet of Santa Cruz bikes...maybe.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Shyrmp said:
lovebunny may rent you his bike for $10 a day but it will probably cost you $30 to get the shifting to work and about $20 for optimal brake performance and probably another $40 to get someone to look at the leaking fork on top of the $3.35/gal cost of fuel going to different shops in getting his bike primed.
:rofl:

hmm . . . Noble Tuesday . . . hmm

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Well...I ended up bringing my own bike.

Next problem is transportation. My family (my wife + kid, my parents, and my siblings) are all renting a place. The owner gave us permission to use his vehicles. One is a Licoln Navigator and the other is some fancy convertible Mercedes AMG. Well...we've pretty much decided not to touch the Mercedes in case something happened. That only leaves the Navigator. I don't want to take it and leave the rest of my family stranded for the day. I guess that means that I am going to rent a car for a day.

bjanga: I'm up for riding Noble Canyon on Tuesday. Post up when if you're still interested.

I'm coming from La Jolla...how long will it take me to get there?

Thanks.
Eric

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
TJ, bring me a bike and lets go ride tomorrow morning :)

I have my old beginner XC hardtail if you guys are going to hodges though

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
bjanga said:
I work at 2PM Thurs but I can ride earlier in the morning, if it is localish.
Morning is good. I hate riding in the heat of the day.

I live near Chula Vista. There are great trails down here, but I don't know them very well. Often you connect one trail to another via roads that elude me.

I'd be willing to drive up to Hodges if you want to ride there.

Where are you?