Quantcast

San Diego riding?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I'm going to be out in San Diego (las Mesa and Encinidas i think) during my school vacation the last week of February (the 24th-1st) to visit some friends from college and get in a bunch of riding while VT is covered in snow. If anyone wants to ride or has some recomendations where to go let me know.

I'm only brining my Sunday but i don't mind climbing hills on it in addition to riding DH.

also, any non-riding activities you could reccomend would be appreciated. my girlfriend doesn't ride so we need other stuff to do too.:spam:

thanks for your help.

Lee

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
go to the zoo, taunt the tigers :rofl:

in La Jolla there's a brew pub called Karl Strauss. Great food, great beer too.

there's tons of riding in the SD area, I'm sure DHS will chime in, he lives there.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
appreciate the info about the race, but seeing as i arrive on the 24th isn't really an option. even if i could make it i think i'd pass on racing seeing as i haven't ridden a bike that wasn't both indoors and stationary since mid October.:dead:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
how tall are you?

if you want to try some XC, i have a Niner single speed and a 17" womens stumpy if your gf would like to ride.

for all other DH stuff. ask Ian or Fonzie.

but Noble, Ted williams, and Anderson truck trail are pretty damn fun

Cult Hero

Chimp
Dec 28, 2007
Santa Barbara
ted williams is a great place to muck around at for a few hours. Some good drops, doubles and trails. Don't have to have a car, just push. I covered a lot of the stuff just pushing.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i second the ted willy trails.. pretty fun. as for other stuff in the area, the zombie lounge in el cajon is pretty fun/sketchy. PB, or ocean beach is alright. when i go I just do ride alongs with my Fed agent friend and arrest drug dealers and illegals. that tops any bar out there :)

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
f yeah you/he should visit more often....maybe clean up all the UFC groupie fags in p.b. too......
he lives in el cajon. can't really say exactly what he does...

but people in the san diego region do get kidnapped from their homes at nite...

as for the border..there's A LOT more going on there than most think and it has sure made me not believe a word any news station says regarding anything. sign your life away, go on a little "tour" and you'll have a whole new perspective on things...hopefully you are riding with an M4 at the time :)

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i have a few friends like that....haha....comforting and un-nerving at the same time....
haha i guess. I'm not too bothered, he's my best friend for 14 years or so. i have some great payback stories on an ex gf of mine. friends of yours are in the export business as well huh? aha

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Ted Williams for sure. Im gonna be out there on the 29th for sure, so hit me up. It should be fun, speshly since we just got a bunch of rain! :busted:

NBR activities... Sea World, The Zoo, Wild Animal Park, La Jolla Shores, Check out the 3/4 of SD that got burned in Oct :disgust1:, go to the beach, if your chicks into shopping (Id guess she is) then you guys should hit up Cedros design plaza in Solana Beach (just south of Encinitas. I can come up with more... PM me for more info, and if you wanna go riding

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
man, funny thing is i have yet to see any of the Witch Creek fire damage firsthand... all i've seen(and ridden:busted:) is the Rice Canyon damage...
Well, it came really close to my house, so pretty much anytime I go anywhere, I see it... unfortunately :disgust1:. It was a bummer. I had to evacuate my house, then go to my girlfriends house and evacuate that too, because no one was home

gnarl...

idk if i'm being an arse for asking, but have you taken the time yet to check out the riding oppourtunities on all the bare hills? we had a (very)small fire near our house and a few weeks later, i realized how sick and easy it was to build trails on the scorched area... what were bushes just fall right over...
one just cant go too all out because there needs to be at least a good element of area that is not bare trail!